ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debugger doesn't work with ioncube!!

albert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Debugger doesn't work with ioncube!! Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a php debugger, but it doesn't work with ioncube. Sad

Is there any other solution.

That is what i get.

Quote:
The installed PHP module 'dbg' (debugging software) is incompatible with the ionCube Loader. Disable 'dbg' by putting a ';' before its extension entry in the php.ini file and restarting the web server software.

regards,
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When dbg has been used in the past it has crashed, hence the more friendly warning message. Debuggers and encoded files tend not to play well together. If you edit the dbg source code and change the name of the extension as it's defined in the module extension structure and then rebuild the extension. the Loader will no longer recognise the extension as DBG and will not stop with this message. A crash from dbg is likely though.
albert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry nick, but i don't understand good your post.

Is it now possible that this debug program work with ioncube or not?

regards,
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default no. DBG is incompatible. There are other excellent and possibly better debuggers though such as xdebug that would be worth trying.
albert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx for your reply

I found xdebug difficult to work with; maybe because i work in windows xp and there is no gui.
Do you know some other good debugger that is compatible with ioncube?

regards,
donturner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an excellent GUI called WinCacheGrind for xdebug here: http://www.xdebug.org/link.php?url=xdebugclient-0.9.0-win

Just set your output folder in xdebug to somewhere which you can access from your xp machine, then set the working folder to that in WinCacheGrind

Hope that helps Very Happy
BigLebowski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there

I want to debug a project with 100+ php files of which only two are IC encoded. I have no interest in debugging the encoded files, just the unencoded ones.

I am experiencing the dreaded "The installed PHP module 'dbg' (debugging software) is incompatible with the ionCube Loader" message. Is there any way around this? It seems such a shame to deny debug access to the majority of the project because of an important but minority part.

I have found one workaround which suggests changing to php.ini mode (non-dynamic) and loading .DBG after ioncube but I don't want to start fiddling with the existing working install.

I don't mind if the whole thing crashes if I accidentally try and debug an encoded script...I can live with that and simply restart the debugger.

Any ideas/help appreciated.

Thanks
Dude
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the problem with DBG that we had when we tested it was that it failed entirely. Maybe it was trying to be too clever to get itself installed with 3rd party modules, I don't know, but it didn't work. I doubt that you're debugging on a live site, so changing the PHP configuration should be feasible and it would be easy, so that is the best option. There is another option available if you have the DBG source code which is to change the name of the module in the source code so that the Loader no longer detects it.
BigLebowski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: .dbg debugger with ioncube Reply with quote

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I'm debugging a live site and can change php.ini. Please could you give me some info of how to change it? It's currently in dynamic mode so there are no iocube references in php.ini, just the "ioncube" directory in the www root and of course the two or three encoded files.

I cannot change the name of the module in the source code because I have only .DBG file as an .so binary.

If I swap IC over to php.ini mode, do I just need to include the relevant line in php.ini? Are any changes also needed to the encoded files and/or the ioncube directory?

Peace
Dude
cjunge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigLebowski wrote:
I have found one workaround which suggests changing to php.ini mode (non-dynamic) and loading .DBG after ioncube but I don't want to start fiddling with the existing working install.

That is the "recommended" way for debugging encoded scripts using dbg. An alternative would be to use all non-encoded scripts.

Cameron
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: .dbg debugger with ioncube Reply with quote

BigLebowski wrote:
If I swap IC over to php.ini mode, do I just need to include the relevant line in php.ini? Are any changes also needed to the encoded files and/or the ioncube directory?

No changes to the encoded files, and it's just a case of whether the Loader is installed via the php.ini file with zend_extension, or with runtime install via dl(). In the latter case, provided that dl() is enabled, safe mode is disabled, and the Loader is in an ioncube folder in a parent directory to the scripts that can be reached by a relative path from the extensions directory then the runtime method should work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: