ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing encoded files returns blank page

gjconely

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Viewing encoded files returns blank page Reply with quote

I am trying to use your decoder, but when I try to view an encoded file, I simply get a blank page. It contains the HTML and BODY tabs, but nothing else. This even occurs when I try to view the ioncube-encoded-file that comes with the zip file.
Alasdair

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Viewing encoded files returns blank page Reply with quote

gjconely wrote:
I am trying to use your decoder, but when I try to view an encoded file, I simply get a blank page. It contains the HTML and BODY tabs, but nothing else. This even occurs when I try to view the ioncube-encoded-file that comes with the zip file.

This is usually caused by an old ionCube loader. Try updating your ionCube loaders - www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
gjconely

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the latest version found on the web site. Still no luck. If I attempt to run the 'loader-helper' script, and it tells me it does not install correctly. However if I go into the If you do not access to the php.ini file, please follow the run-time loading installation instructions. link, it tells me it works fine.

You can view this by going to:
http://www.fxpaintballguns.com/ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.php

Thanks,
Greg Conely
www.ImageMentor.net
www.Seo-Position-Plus.com
[/b]
Alasdair

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I view that page, I get "An ionCube encoded file has been loaded successfully. Encoded files should now function correctly".

Are things working for you now?
gjconely

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that too the second time I tried it, but it still is not working for me. I am tesing with my own script, along with the 'encoded-file' that comes with the loader. You can test the encoded file by going to:

http://www.fxpaintballguns.com/ioncube/ioncube-encoded-file.php

Thanks,
Greg Conely
www.ImageMentor.net
www.Seo-Position-Plus.com
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

This is really a topic for the support helpdesk, but in general, if the server is capable of loading encoded files as yours is, then file corruption during install of the encoded file can be an issue. Probably not the case here, but we have also had cases where upon thorough testing, the original unencoded version of a file was shown not to be working too.

As you aren't registered in the forum we cannot email you, so please email us at support@ioncube.com so that we can advise on checking for file corruption, and diagnose any other issues with your script or setup.
DocPixel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: I Have the same problem Reply with quote

....funny enough...even after making sure that I'm uploading as a BINARY...your own script, ioncube-encoded-file.php doesn't return anything except a blank page. I'm having serious difficulties with this loader. Especially since the rtl is working according to ioncube-loader-helper.php. I've tried this now on my ISPs server, as well as my test server her (XAMPP Apache on Windows). All your tests work fine i.e. ioncube loads successfully. When I try to get a script to work (such as AShop Pro Delux) nada! fsock open errors....can't find ioncube...loader doesn't recognize a path (which is in the php.ini and working fine according to your installer). So what's the fix here??? We as users and buyers of scripts can't be jumping through hoops like this all day...would you?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello DocPixel

Quote:
We as users and buyers of scripts can't be jumping through hoops like this all day

You report that encoded files are supported by your server, so your case sounds either like an error during installation of the encoded files, or a setup error related to the application being installed. Even when using binary mode, WinZIP can corrupt files, so you might be installing already corrupted files. We can easily check that for you, so please contact us through the helpdesk and we'll be able to handle your case individually and track it. The reality is that most end users of scripts don't have problems, but as with any technical system, statistically some users will require assistance.

Being at the forefront of encoding technology for approaching 3 years now, we've seen most problems that end users encounter during installation, whether user error or otherwise. As well as provding email and telephone support, knowledge of common problems is also factored into the diagnostic tools that provide automated assistance, and the automated tools and assistance are areas where we are always working to incorporate refinements.

Quote:
even after making sure that I'm uploading as a BINARY...your own script, ioncube-encoded-file.php doesn't return anything except a blank page

The current version of the script shouldn't output anything, and so this is fine. The script is used by the Loader helper script when checking for server support for installing the Loader on demand, and it returns a value (as opposed to emitting a value) checked by the helper.

The mechanism for getting encoded scripts working is actually straightforward. For users with access to the php.ini file, a one line change is all that's required to add support, giving the best performance and with generally accelerated execution of scripts over the unencoded versions. As an alternative, installing the Loader on demand from the users account requires no change to the php.ini file, and is great for shared hosts if supported by the provider.

Unlike installing software to a local machine, web applications are required to be installed to servers of arbitrary configuration. Problems in installation are generally attributable to the limitless diversity of server configurations, varied end user client environments and installed software, as well as different user modes of working. To assist, tools, helper scripts and documentation, backed up by easy access to support experience when required, ensure that for most end users, installation of scripts is accomplished easily. Where current server configurations don't permit encoded scripts to run just yet, the support infrastructure and server diagnostics ensure that there are clear directions for how to proceeed in order to complete installation.
DocPixel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the reply...but... Reply with quote

...it still doesn't work. Although, YOUR helper script says it works SUCCESSFULLY. I thank you for your time, but I need to ask a favor. Is it possible to send me something that IS encrypted, and you know it works, and it actually spits out something like "Hello World! I'm working!" instead of a blank page... which is somewhat confusing, since you can't see the code itself to troubleshoot a link or something. I will definately reply if it's working...and THEN contact my script seller, and let him know that it's something with his script, or the way he's encoding it. I will test the page/php file both on a Linux server (my ISPs) as well as my test server on my WinBox using Apache. BTW: I assume your encoder encodes for all versions of PHP, but if not: my ISP is using 4.1.3 and I'm using 5.0.4 (I aslo have 4.1.3 and can and do switch between them, just in case it's a PHP version problem... errors, in this case remain the same)
And again, a sincere thank you for your patience and reply...as well as in advance for the favor!

DocPixel
mailto:thepixeldoc@yahoo.com
***not to worry there...it's full of spam most of the time anyway Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: