ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro version

ckh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Pro version Reply with quote

Running the proversion and under restrictions, I want a prompt for server name twice and the IP address once, all on different lines. So, I put in something like:

?="www domain"
?="IP Address"
?="domain Name"

In the custom settings tab, I'm prompted for the second domain name and the IP address but never the first domain name unless I delete the second domain name.

Can you only be prompted for a column once once in the custom settings tab?

Thanks
Chris
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, currently with all "dynamic fields", the custom GUI generation only generates one field for each item. However, you can add multiple domain names and IP addresses by separating them by commas, which is probably what you want. e.g. www.foo.com,foo.com

Note too that the domain name fields check the the server name as reported by the web server. This is generally the canonical (common) name for the domain, with other names being aliases. Restricting to multiple variants of the domain doesn't hurt, and covers all bases, but if Apache had been setup as

ServerName foo.com
ServerAlias www.foo.com
ServerAlias www2.foo.com
ServerAlias www.foo.co.uk

then restricting to just foo.com would work for all 4 domains, as Apache would report foo.com as the server name no matter which domain was used.

But to be sure, adding multiple comma separated names will cover you.
ckh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's exactly what I wanted, to cover all bases with the domain name. Simply putting a comma between the domain names in the custom tab will certainly do the trick.

Thanks!!

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: