ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License Handling and Exceptions for Ignore Patterns

clynx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: License Handling and Exceptions for Ignore Patterns Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I've downloaded the Trial Version of the Encoder. It looks really nice. I've tried the Zend Product before, and for now i cannot see any reason why i should purchase a Product with costs much more, and is able to to less.

The only nice Feature I noticed in Zend is this License Feature for encoded Scripts. Is there planed anything in the Future for your Product? I know all this PHP License Tools, but i'm not very happy with them.

For now I can only see one Feature which is really missing. The Standard Ignore Patterns are really nice, and they do there Job very well.

Do you think you could add a List of Files which should never be ignored?
For Example Apache's ".htaccess" Files. In that way you could define Files which would not be ignored.

Thanks for this nice Product. I'll give the FreeBSD Encoder a view, and when there will be no real big Problems, you'll recive my order very soon. ;o)

btw, When I buy the Product now, and my Feature would be added, will i get updates for free, or only in a minor Version Number like 5.1?

Regards

clynx
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the good comments. License files are on the todo list. What we've found is that users often make their own by encoding PHP scripts, and like to be able to encode their whole project to add custom comments to the top of files for each customer. This might have license text, version numbers etc. So whilst license files are a great idea, so can encoding the whole project on the fly be as well, and with users doing that anyway, having the license files ultimately sn't so essential. None the less, this feature will be coming.

About not ignoring certain files, you actually can do this, and it's particularly easy if using the command line as you would be, having the FreeBSD version.

There are 4 options. --include, --exclude, --ignore and --keep. They are processed in the order that they're seen, and you can use them in any order. So if you have

--ignore '.*' --keep .htaccess

this will tell the Encoder to ignore every file that begins with dot, but to keep (not ignore) files that match .htaccess. As you've probably read already, directories are matched by a trailing /, so if you also wanted to exclude directories beginning the dot, you could do

--ignore '.*' --ignore '.*/' --keep .htaccess

In the case where you had a .htaccess inside a directory beginning with dot, and so that would have also been ignored, the Encoder is smart enough to realise this, and it will automatically unignore the directory too. e.g. if you had

.dir/.htaccess

then .dir will be created. If using verbose mode, you would see the rare message

"Creating ignored directory"

in this case, where .dir had to be created in order for the .htaccess file to be created inside it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your quick Reply

Regards

clynx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: