ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder

When will x64 edition of the encoder for macOS be avaliable

Author Message
kinosang



Joined: 11 Aug 2019
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: When will x64 edition of the encoder for macOS be avaliable Reply with quote

Since macOS 10.14, the x86 (32 bits) application is deprecated, and support for x86 application is removed completed in macOS 10.15.

When will the x64 edition of the encoder for macOS be avaliable? Should we pay for the upgrade?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastair



Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 354

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are aware of the deprecation of 32-bit applications in Mac OS X and that 32-bit application support will be removed in a forthcoming version of Mac OS X.

It is likely that we will include 64-bit encoders for Mac OS X in the next major release of the Encoder, version 11. We do not have an ETA for that new version yet.
_________________
Alastair

ionCube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slaakso



Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is likely that we will include 64-bit encoders


Now that the MacOS 10.15 Catalina is out and the 32-bit applications like ionCube) are no longer supported) would very much like to see the 64-bit version.

Any decisions if you are doing the 64-bit version and if any more info on the possible timetable?

Not having 64-bit compiled ionCube, puts us in difficult position as we would really need to use MacOS 10.15 for other tasks, but the 32-bit ionCube encoder is holding us back.

Over the years you guys have had your share of blame when the encoder / loader has not been available from day one when new PHP version has been available. With the MacOS 64-bit support, this could have been avoided and the transition could have been done years ago. The current 64-bit only support in 10.15 has been known for a long time.

Seppo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastair



Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 354

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do now have beta command-line 64-bit Mac OS X encoders available for customers with an active support plan. We are working on produce a 64-bit GUI for Mac OS X.
_________________
Alastair

ionCube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slaakso



Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news. Looking forward to the final version. Any timetable for that?

--
Seppo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aolee



Joined: 12 Oct 2019
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeline please for the Gui.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harishrohaj



Joined: 13 Oct 2019
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastair wrote:
We do now have beta command-line 64-bit Mac OS X encoders available for customers with an active support plan. We are working on produce a 64-bit GUI for Mac OS X.


Good to know that. But by the time you release stable version with x64 support, you should make the beta version available to everyone using latest version of encoder. It is not fair to keep us stuck with older version of OS or spend hefty amount of 255 bucks to make the beta work of us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastair



Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 354

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aim to release a new version 10 Encoder for Mac OS X within the next couple of weeks. We do not have a firm release date as yet.

As reviews such as that at Ars Technica (https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/10/macos-10-15-catalina-the-ars-technica-review/13/#h1) state, it is best to hold off from upgrading to Catalina anyway due to bugs and compatibility issues such as https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html#Knowncompatibilityissues
_________________
Alastair

ionCube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastair



Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 354

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the absence of doubt, I should point out that when the new 64-bit version of the Encoder for Mac OS X is fully released that it will be free for those who currently have version 10.
_________________
Alastair

ionCube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slaakso



Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastair wrote:
We aim to release a new version 10 Encoder for Mac OS X within the next couple of weeks. We do not have a firm release date as yet.


That sounds good. Looking forward to it.

alastair wrote:
it is best to hold off from upgrading to Catalina anyway due to bugs and compatibility issues


Would assume most of the ionCube encoder users are developers, so that is excatly the reason they *might want to* upgrade to Catalina. In order to support their other software (other than PHP/ionCube), the developers have to test their software on Catalina. Customers of their's have already upgraded. Things like Photoshop compatibility issues are a non-issue for most of the developers.

--
Seppo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harishrohaj



Joined: 13 Oct 2019
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Any Delivery Date Update Reply with quote

alastair wrote:
We aim to release a new version 10 Encoder for Mac OS X within the next couple of weeks. We do not have a firm release date as yet.


@alastair is there any update on the expected release date?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CTI



Joined: 31 Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is getting ridiculous... It's been 2 weeks and still no release date? Where the hell is the 64-bit update? The 32-bit deprecation has been known for so long there is absolutely no excuse. None. Developers can't do their proper work. When will the update arrive? Day and date! Evil or Very Mad

CTI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastair



Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 354

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be in a position to release a 64-bit version 10 package for Mac OS X next week.

We have been giving test versions of the 64-bit encoders to those with current support plans.
_________________
Alastair

ionCube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottcase



Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastair wrote:
We will be in a position to release a 64-bit version 10 package for Mac OS X next week.

We have been giving test versions of the 64-bit encoders to those with current support plans.


Any update on this? Next Week has come and gone. I have a current support plan, can I get a test version. I REALLY need to get this working.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harishrohaj



Joined: 13 Oct 2019
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastair wrote:
We will be in a position to release a 64-bit version 10 package for Mac OS X next week.

We have been giving test versions of the 64-bit encoders to those with current support plans.


Isn't it enough now? Ending support for 32 bit apps in macOS has been known for so long. And now it has been more than a month that Catalina was released and your software is not working on latest OS.

We are still bound to remain stuck with older OS version and hence cannot do other developments which need latest OS. Everytime you just give a timeline and then miss it.

Is there some real timeline which we can count on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum