ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to revoke license without the licensed machine

Pixeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: How to revoke license without the licensed machine Reply with quote

I don't have much of a need to use IonCube for sometime now. I used it only for some specific files of one project.

My old laptop crashed again recently and finally I decided to get a new one.

I happen to have to change an encoded file and I installed the IonCube on my new laptop. Unfortunately I couldn't activate it. I'm not sure if I can revive my old laptop without getting a new HDD. I believe there should be another solution which I couldn't find in FAQ. It would be an overkill to go and buy a new HDD, install O.S. revoke license and request new one for the new machine.

I was wondering if anyone here had similar experience? If yes, could you please let me know what should I do right now?
Pixeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

well, I solved the problem. I got a spare HDD so I installed windows on old computer, revoke the license and activated on new computer.

I wish there would be easier way to solve in such cases though.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you solved it. There's a built-in way to release licenses for moving them to a new machine, and when a license gets lost we can usually issue a free replacement too. Customers with an active paid support plan are covered in this case too, which is one of the benefits that comes with support plans. You had a replacement license issued already in the past, but even in that case, it's usually possible to issue a replacement provided that there is no pattern of license abuse.
ricardo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Can't revoke license Reply with quote

My iMac crashed and I can only login in safe mode. In safe mode I opened Ioncube GUI and I clicked Help menu > Deactivate license. A dialog appeared telling me to use terminal. I used --deactivate option in several online encoders and got message This encoder is unlicensed.

Then in my MacMini I issued an Activate license (in Help menu). It doesn't activate because iMac license was not released. Then I tried to request a license (Help menu > Generate license request). I sent this request to license@ioncube.com and got a reply "We received your license request but are unable to process this as you have no spare licenses available".

I'm stuck in this process.

If I have a GUI why do I have to use a terminal to deactive license?

When I use Ioncube GUI, everyday the app launches unlicensed and gets a license (I suppose from the Internet). Why can't the same process be used to issue a new license for a new machine and automatically disabled all other licenses?

What can I do?
alastair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ricardo,

Please create a ticket in our Support Help Desk at https://support.ioncube.com

Please create the ticket for the "Licensing" department and we should be able to help you.

ionCube
ricardo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you, Alastair!
ricardo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Everything ok Reply with quote

Everything is ok now.

In case somebody else gets in trouble as I did, here's a tip: spaces in file path must be escaped in MacOS terminal, as this:

/Applications/ionCube\ PHP\ Encoder.app/Contents/MacOS/ioncube_encoder72_10.2 --deactivate

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: