ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is IonCube Encoder 7.0 still safe to use?

Pixeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Is IonCube Encoder 7.0 still safe to use? Reply with quote

I was wondering if IonCube Encoder 7.0 is still safe to use?

I am asking this because I noticed whenever there is a new version, it seems files which are encoded with older version of IonCube can be cracked / decoded.

Another issue with IonCube I have is that I have upgraded to 7.0.9 encoded version about 7 months ago. I'm not very fond of the idea to keep paying $150 to IonCube more than once a year.

Another thing is bugging me with IonCube is when I checked the updates from 7.0.9, I can see that I have to pay $149 for 8.0. Is that mean I will get all 8.x minor updates for free till 9.x major update? Or I would have to pay another $149 to get 8.0 to 8.1 and then another $149 to get 8.1 to 8.2?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another issue with IonCube I have is that I have upgraded to 7.0.9 encoded version about 7 months ago. I'm not very fond of the idea to keep paying $150 to IonCube more than once a year.

I hear you, but with us investing many 10's of thousands of USD into producing each major upgrade, that has to be funded somehow. Looking at the wider market, the closest competing and next most popular product is $600 a year just to stay on the *same version*, and because with that product your files will not work with each new version of PHP, you really have no choice but to upgrade just to keep producing files that can be used. For our customers we also put considerable resources into providing back compatibility in our free Loaders so that encoded files you produce today will keep working for your customers on at least two major future versions of PHP. So is our offering good value in comparison, we think so.

Minor versions you asked about are included without charge. This means for example that OS X users on version 8.0 or 8.1 can now enjoy for FREE the result of a major development effort that began last year to provide a full featured OS X GUI in version 8.2 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: