ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Loader X86 or ?

nootkan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Which Loader X86 or ? Reply with quote

Hello all, I am new to this forum and the dedicated server game. My question is how do I know which ioncube loader to install out of the 4 linux packages available? I assume that I need the x86 as my stats reads linux i686. Also which should I download the archive or installer version? I read through the installation document and I'm not sure I follow that very clearly either. Do I install it on every domain within my server or just my main account? I had no idea this was going to be so difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fresshness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably will need x86 loaders. If you have a 64bit architecture, you need the x86_64 drivers. Please consult your motherboard manual or local computer shop in case you are unsure.

You will need the loaders on every system/server where you will serve Ioncube encoded PHP files. This should be fairly obvious.

good luck
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so difficult. Another way to check the system type is just to look at a phpinfo page. The system line at the top gives system info, and if we assume Linux on x86, if the line says x86_64 it is 64 bit, and if i686 or i386, then it's x86.

The installer is for users with windows clients who want to install from their local machine onto their remote machine. If you've ssh access to your remote machine, you might log in and then run a wget of one of the archive packages to download it and then unpack it, but using the installer is a neat way too.
nootkan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, thanks for the help. I'll see if I can find the command to check my phpinfo page again in my php book. What do you mean by wget? I do have ssh access, but I am still trying to learn the commands and how to use it. I was able to upload a sql file into mysql using ssh on cpanel. I also have putty installed on my hard drive and have used it a little doing the same.

Here is the command given to me by my host to upload the sql file into my public_html directory:
Code:
mysql -p -h localhost basshook_climate < weatherbassonhook.com2.sql
Can I use the same command?

Is the installer easier like using ftp or something similar? Appreciate all your help.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The installer was creaed by our own IPF product, and yes, it's much easier than FTP Smile In fact, this is the idea of the product. You can create packages for your PHP products, or any files suhc as the Loaders in this case, that can be easily deployed to a remote server. If necessary, other operations can be performed automatically too, but in this case it just deposits the files onto the server.

As you have your own server, it's best to edit the php.ini file though and add the Loader there, so you might log in and use wget. wget is a program that retrieves files from a webserver. Kind of like a browser with no interface. So

Code:
wget http://downloads.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86.tar.gz

would retrieve the Linux x86 Loaders, and

Code:
tar zxf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86.tar.gz

would extract them into an ioncube folder.
nootkan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, to do this would I login to ssh or putty? Should I then cd the php.ini file then use wget? I'm still pretty green as you can tell.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssh. Unfortunately our resources cannot stretch to giving detailed tutorials on Unix, but you can find lots of details on the web about basic Unix admin. Google will be your friend for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: