ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IonCube Loader for Intel Mac OS X

TheMags

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: IonCube Loader for Intel Mac OS X Reply with quote

Hi, I'd like to know if there is any way to install and run the IonCube loader on Mac OS X running on an intel mac? And if not if there is ant time frame for such.

Thanks in advance for answering this question
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes, we do already have Intel OS X Loaders but these are not on the website yet. We'll email these to you. They official builds will be available on the site soon.
TheMags

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's excellent news, as it mean I can go ahead and set up my intel mac mini server. Thanks for the quick reply! Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope that you don't get the same problems with the Mac Mini hardware that we did; we're on our second Intel Mac Mini already Shocked Good credit to Apple though that they sent us a new one and gave us 5 days overlap before collecting the old one, but very bad Apple for building a unit that:

a) would get stuck so that the power button didn't work; yes, pressing power on would do nothing and you had to cycle the power before the power button would work!

b) would fail to connect to the WiFi network most of the time and would not reconnect after sleep without a poke (possibly a bug in 10.4.5)

c) would sleep and sometimes not take the monitor out of sleep once the Mac woke up

and I think it had other problems too. Initial impressions were that it was frankly rubbish compared to the ppc Mac mini that works perfectly. The replacement is mostly ok, and 10.4.6 may have fixed some of the driver bugs. They've had a lot of bad press though with various problems.
TheMags

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's not very encouraging news. I think I'll try to hold off buying the machine for a long as possible to allow for most bugs to be fixed - hopefully it is mostly software based problems...

But thanks for the warning. I had planned to go ahead and buy the mac mini this week, but I will do a little more research first now.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, other than us having a lengthy phone call with their tech support initially, Apple did handle the return very well. With the replacement, we still noticed WiFi problems coming out of sleep, but these seemed to go away with 10.4.6, and haven't occured since. The power button issue was more odd, and using hibernate mode 0 and hibernate mode 3 both had some issues.

In general though it's not a bad machine. As the video card has no memory of its own though, instead eating up at least 64MB of system memory, increasing RAM from the default 512MB is recommended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: