ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encoder Version 6.5.7 - What is the MINIMUM Loader version?

electric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Encoder Version 6.5.7 - What is the MINIMUM Loader version? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to write a simple "test" script that will check to make 100% certain the user will be able to run my ioncube-encoded script.

I am encoding with Encoder Version 6.5.7. Can you tell me what is the MINIMUM version of the Loaders that are needed to work with scripts I encode?

Then I can use the ioncube_loader_version() function to test and see if the loader is installed.. and that is will actually run my script.

Thanks!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally checking for 3.1 will suffice, but if 3.1 is installed you can use ioncube_loader_iversion() to retrieve the version and revision as an integer, and then check for 3.1.5 or above, which will be integer 30105
electric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So scripts encoded with my version of encoder won't work with loaders 2.5.1 then?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. Version 6.5 is the latest generation of the Encoder, featuring new security innovations that, being new, by definition cannot be processed by Loaders that were written before these new features were introduced. As always, the Loaders are fully backwards compatible, and files encoded by even the very first versions of the Encoder can be processed by later Encoders. Encoder updates generally do not require newer Loaders, but such is the march of progress, sometimes new Loaders are required to support new features. Whenever possible, and this was the case with 6.0, the Encoder will produce encoded files of different formats, i.e. old or new, depending on which features of the Encoder were used. With 6.5 this wasn't possible without making undesirable consequences for the end user, not least of which would have been a delay to the release that would have been unacceptable.
electric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick!

So far, I haven't found anyone who wasn't willing to upgrade to the new loaders.

The trick is to try and help them figure out why the script isn't running... sometimes they don't bother to ask me for help, and so I lose out on a possibile sale because they think it's my software that is broken.

I'm trying to write a nice "test" script that will tell them if they need to upgrade their ioncube loaders, etc... Smile

So basically, I'm just doing this:

Code:

$minimum_ioncube_loader_version_needed = "3.1";

if (function_exists('ioncube_loader_version')) {
         // Ioncube loaders are installed.
         if (ioncube_loader_version() >= $minimum_ioncube_loader_version_needed) {
            echo "The ioncube loaders (v".ioncube_loader_version().") are installed so we'll use the ioncube version.<br>";
            $_SESSION['zend_or_ioncube'] = "ioncube";
         }
         else {
            echo "The Ioncube loaders are installed, but they need to be upgraded to latest version.<br>";
         }
      }
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: