ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about the new Obfuscation feature in 6.5

gator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Questions about the new Obfuscation feature in 6.5 Reply with quote

I've read the manual about the new obfuscation feature and it sounds very interesting. I am wondering though how or if it works in an object oriented PHP program.

1) It says that function names are mangled but what about class methods, are they considered functions by this feature?

2) Are class names changed? Will my calls to class_exist() still work?

3) I also call class methods from a variable, ex. $class->$action(). So if $action="save" it would actually call method_exists() to verify that the object supports this method and if so it would call $class->save() indirectly through the use of the $action variable.

I would like to protect my object method names, is this type of program a good candidate for obfuscation?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Class methods cannot yet be obfuscated and so your examples will continue to work as expected. A solution for class obfuscation is largely developed and working, and classes in some instances would then be blacklisted to ensure that they are still visible by their "public" names. Currently, however, the internal design of PHP puts up some barriers to a fully acceptable solution which is why it was not included in the current solution. Class obfuscation may be added later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: