ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Testing a site on another server...

simon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Testing a site on another server... Reply with quote

Testing migrating a server here to PHP5.

Didn't even know one of our clients had ionCube encoder encoded PHP installed.

When I try and load the front page on our test server it sends me over here.

Saying it wants a loader file ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so, but all the files the client loaded on the old server were version 4.

Any sensible way of me to test, as our client is being unusually unresponsive? I assume I may need a later version of the loader, but presumably the encoded file will then complain it isn't licensed on this server?!? Is the licensing simply per domain (I can mock up the domain).

Otherwise they'll get PHP5 whether it works or not.

Assume I know nothing about ionCube PHP Encoder. Indeed assume I don't actually approve of proprietary code at all, and that all the other software is free software, or ours, or unencrypted, and that is all tested and working.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You can download Loader packages at http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

The servers are probably x86 or x86_64 based, so check that (phpinfo will tell you in the uname at the top), and choose one of the corresponding Loader packages.

Update the Loaders that you have with the latest ones, which include support for 5.1, and you should be fine. I'd recommend a php.ini install if you have access to the php.ini file as this gives the best performance.
simon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: PHP5 migration Reply with quote

Cheers Nick,

the product was also licenced by domain name, so a quick fiddle with the Apache2 config for the right alias, and a /etc/hosts entry, and I've tested that this specific code works under PHP5 with the later loader as much as I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: