ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHP 5.1.1 on Mac OS X

Tomnibus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: PHP 5.1.1 on Mac OS X Reply with quote

I'm completely confused. I run the helper script either via the web browser or via the command line and it tells me I need the ioncube_loader_dar_5.1.so file.

So, I put ALL the files in /usr/local/ioncube and add the zend_extension before the other extensions. My phpinfo() will show the loader is properly loaded. However, when I run an encoded file it says this: Invalid opcode 65/1/8. in ... Filename

So, I decided to remove it from the php.ini file and try to load it with the system. The ioncube folder is in my htdocs directory. It complains and says I need the .so file in the ext directory under ioncube. So I do that. And I get this great message: "The Loader was successfully installed and encoded files should be able to automatically install the Loader when needed."

However, if I remove the "?page=rtl-tester" from the URL and go back to the .php file I get the SAME ERROR AS ABOVE.

What is going on?!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the Zend Optimiser extension installed as well? If so, try removing that as it's not necessary or desirable unless you also have some Zend encoded files.

We do also have an updated Loader release for PHP 5.1 that will not give the invalid opcode message when ZO is installed. This is available for Linux and some other OS's already, and we expect to be releasing an updated build for OS X later today or tomorrow.
Tomnibus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have zend optimizer installed mainly for caching purposes. I would rather keep it in there so perhaps I'll wait for your updated loader to be released and see where that gets me.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updated Loaders for OS X are now available on the Loaders page.

I would still suggest that you remove Zend Optimiser though if you've installed it for "caching purposes" as Zend Optimiser isn't a cache, and is more than likely actually slowing your machine down.

Zend Optimiser only rewrites the compiled code into a more efficient form that may be faster to execute. Whilst algorithms such as calculating prime numbers may be made faster overall by ZO, real world applications tend to be characterised by relatively large amounts of code whose execution time isn't dominated by the types of PHP that benefit particularly from ZO optimisations. As a result, all the time taken by ZO to optimise possibly many thousands of opcodes sequences on each request tend to take longer than the relatively slight speed gain, hence an overall slowdown.

As you say, using a code cache is the way to getting performance gains. Although unable to accelerate ionCube encoded files, EAccelerator is one such system and a good choice, and once launched next year, our own ionCube Performance System will offer a complete and supported solution.
Tomnibus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great information. Thanks!

I'll test out your loader here. Right now I have a Zend encoded item but something's broken on it so that's why I was trying ionCube's version.

I will try this install again, probably tomorrow. Thanks.

EAccelerator, I'll look that up. Thanks again.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any problems with the latest 5.1 Loaders for OS X please let us know in the helpdesk as we'll be keen to look into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: