ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help... Trying to install new software with Ioncube

strancali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Please Help... Trying to install new software with Ioncube Reply with quote

Hello, first off i was want to say hi to everyone here. This is my first time here. I have just purchased a software and it requires ioncube. I downloaded the correct version for the ioncube loader and edit the php.ini file but when i try to access my page it still says "requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so ionCube PHP Loader to be installed".

i edited my php.ini file with this line:

zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so

and restarted the server but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
Sid
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Self Help Guide to Loader Installs Reply with quote

Hi Sid and anyone trying to diagnose setup problems on the webserver for running Loaders.

You posted in the helpdesk so we can help you there with your reply if necessary. However I thought that I'd post a potted guide to installation self diagnosis here too.

In general, if there are problems with a server and Loader installation, there are a few things to check. Remember too that if trying to run a package of scripts from a provider, you will have a support contract with that provider. They should be able to provide assistance to you too, so be sure to ask for it!

If doing a php.ini install, a checklist would include the following.

1) did you restart the web server software after editing the php.ini file?

2) did you edit the correct php.ini file? The *only* one to edit is the one that is mentioned as being the configuration file near the start of output from a phpinfo page. Even if you think that's not the correct php.ini file, it is, so edit that one.

3) make sure that the zend_extension line is before any other zend_extension lines, if there are any.

4) if using a threaded web server, use zend_extension_ts ("threaded = yes" in phpinfo output)

5) check the web server error log. apache will log messages there if any errors

6) if there's no error, try changing the Loader path to an invalid path in the php.ini file and restarting. If there's still no error then this indicates that the Loader isn't trying to be installed, as PHP would report an error if failing to install

7) if using a grsec kernel patch or SELinux, security features of the kernel can prevent shared libraries being linked. There are security related commands and configuration settings for those kernels to permission specific shared libraries and programs to be able to work together. Ensure that the Loaders are suitably permissioned.

8) make sure that you have Loaders for the correct operating system and architecture. e.g. if you have 64 bit x86 Linux you need the x86_64 Loaders, and the x86 ones for 32 bit.

That many of the common situations.

For runtime install, ensure that Loaders are in a folder called ioncube, and place this in the top level of the application or above. In the web root, e.g. public_html, or one level above, should work for all scripts. If there are problems after that

1) use the ioncube-loader-helper.php script to check for runtime install.

2) If the script says that the Loader was installed successfully, this shows that Loaders can be installed, If it still fails, make sure that you don't have a php.ini file in the same folder as the top level encoded scripts. If not and it still doesn't work, contact support on that one.

3) If it's not installed, read the loader helper page carefully, as it may explain precisely why and what needs to be done. For example, if it says that the extension folder is NOT FOUND, then the host needs to create this folder and there's no need to raise a support ticket.

4) Some errors may appear at the top of the screen in bold. If the Loader helper says that the Loader was found, but an error says that the .so file was not found, then this probably means that you have the Loader for the wrong type of computer. e.g. a 64 bit Linux Loader instead of 32 bit, or vice versa. The confusing message of the file not existing is just Unix saying that it might as well not exist as you're giving it something for the wrong computer.

5) Another Unix error is ELF file not little endian. In case this made you wonder exactly what's inside your computer, this is nothing to do with pixies, fairies and little people. ELF is a common file format used for program files on Unix, and this message again means that you have a Loader for the wrong type of computer. In this case, you may have the Sparc or ppc Linux Loaders by mistake, and you need the x86 (or x86_64) ones.

6) There are a few other system configurations that can prevent runtime install working, e.g. safe mode and dl() being disabled.

CGI mode is special.

Despite being on a host that may not be suitably configured for runtime loading, a final check worth making is to see whether the web server is using CGI mode. You can check this with phpinfo, and looking at the Server API setting in the first few lines of the phpinfo output. If it is CGI, you may be able to override the unfavourable settings by creating a php.ini file in the same folder as each top level script that you're trying to run. If PHP sees a php.ini file in the same folder as a top level script when it starts up, and CGI mode PHP starts up a new process for each request, it will read that file instead of the system one. In this case, adding

extension_dir = ./
enable_dl = 1
safe_mode = 0

may very well make things start working. CGI mode is often used on Windows machines as the Windows web server module is relatively unreliable.

Finally, if still stuck, create a helpdesk ticket, and be sure to include a URL link to the loader helper script. If that's not possible due to being on a local server, send in output from phpinfo and copypaste the loader helper output.

We've created a self-diagnosis knowledge base system that will be going live in 2006, and that will help to guide people through self help once launched.
strancali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick, i will look into it and report back. Have a great day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: