ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder

Quick Question...

Dark_Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Quick Question... Reply with quote

Any chance in future Ioncube builds can there be something like a license file similar in the fashion you require?

The reason I ask is I have quite a few projects and I consistently have updates as well as bug fixes and rather then spending the time or disk space it would be easier for my customers to have a license file and then I can just post one update for everyone....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may well be.
buggedcom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would really like this feature too, because even though I have not hit hte market yet I can see many problems with supply updates to many clients. not only would it be time consuming but quite frankly a pain in the arse.

Do you have any idea on when this might be implemented, ie is it in dev right now or is it still bluesky?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give a firm date, and we'll first be releasing other products and updates, but it is something to keep an eye out for.
buggedcom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that is good news, within the year perhaps.... *cheekily asking after several not giving date answers* Wink
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Your estimate is likely, and we don't mind people asking.

We actually conceived of a licensing concept back in 2002, and it's been on the todo list since then but never quite making it into the release. The model of protecting files directly with restrictions has been popular though, with many users having systems that encode on the fly, and updates just being an extension of that. The current model also offers some advantages over license files, and licensing systems emerging such as the one from PHPAudit have also lessened the need for inbuilt support. That said, there clearly is a demand, and we are listening to what users are asking us for.
Dark_Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of phpAudit...I just purchased it the other day and use it with Ioncube and find it to be a great combination.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jeff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: PHP License. :) Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of phpAudit so I wrote my own license system. It can restrict ip/host/expiration and also connections to the software. If your interested in more information you can contact me directly via e-mail; jeff@rwjd.com.

I am the developer of the free obfuscating encoder that ionCube offers here, I am going to speak with Nick about the license system I wrote to see if he wants to offer it here.

-jeff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dark_Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP License. :) Reply with quote

jeff wrote:
I'm not a big fan of phpAudit so I wrote my own license system. It can restrict ip/host/expiration and also connections to the software. If your interested in more information you can contact me directly via e-mail; jeff@rwjd.com.

I am the developer of the free obfuscating encoder that ionCube offers here, I am going to speak with Nick about the license system I wrote to see if he wants to offer it here.

-jeff

Email sent...please contact me via IM if you wish...thx!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: