ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have a better "No Loader" expression?

electric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Anyone have a better "No Loader" expression? Reply with quote

Hello,

If someone tries to run an Ioncube-encoded file and there is a problem with the Ioncube Loader.. then they see a generic message like this:

Quote:
Site error: the file /home/user/public_html/program/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Te problem is that most of our users are not technical.. and most of our support is trying to help them get the Ioncube Loaders working on their server. The vast majority of this involves them contacting us because they're UPSET that the product doesn't work, etc... and so we go to their website and run the ioncube-install-assistant.php file, and tell them to show the output to their web hosting provider.

Rinse and repeat.. over and over and over.

I think that a better Ioncube error message is needed. At the very least, one that includes a link to the install-assistant.php file, so the user can run it without contacting us first... even better would be a nice page like the Zend optimizer one that shows when using a zend-encoded product, but no zend optimizer.

(NOTE: We do NOT use the zend encoder any more, since it is proven to be hackable. We just had several scripts un-encoded by a hacker, and posted publicly.. Grrrrr! Now we use ONLY the ioncube encoder.)

I see in the Encoder GUI there is a spot on the "Customization" tab under the "PHP Preamble" section called "Custom 'No Loader' Expression".

Does anyone already have something we can use?

The documentation says that we can use standard PHP code, but before I start on something.. I figured I'd ask to see if there is already something else out there anyone would like to share...

Thanks!
electric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a replacement I just did that is a bit better, I think.

It adds some nice formatting, and includes an explaination of what is the Ioncube Loader, how to run the install-assistance file, and how to contact the hosting provider for help.

Here's how to customize your encoder setup:

First, generate a normal encoded file and then open it for editing. You'll see the "default" pre-amble stuff at the top.

Find this code:

Code:
echo('Site error: the file <b>'.__FILE__.'</b> requires the ionCube PHP Loader '.basename($__ln).' to be installed by the site administrator.');exit(199);

And replace it with this:

Code:
echo('<html>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
   font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 14px;
   text-decoration: none;
   text-align: center;
}
div#container {
   margin-left: auto;
   margin-right: auto;
   width: 750px;
   text-align: left;
}
.boxerror {
   background-color: #FFE1E1;
   border: 1px solid #FF9393;
   font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace;
   width: 700px;
   padding: 5px;
}
-->
</style>
<title>Ioncube Loader is not installed</title>
<body>
<div id="container"> <span class="boxerror">Site error: the file <b>'.__FILE__.'</b> requires the ionCube PHP Loader '.basename($__ln).' to be installed by the site administrator.</span>
  <h1 align="center">Ioncube Loader is not installed</h1>
  <p>This file is encoded -- in order to decode and run it, your web  server needs the  Ioncube Loader to be installed. </p>
  <h2>What is the Ioncube Loader?</h2>
  <p>The Ioncube Loader is a free, industry standard program that runs on your web  server. It is used to decode files like this one that are encoded with the Ioncube PHP Encoder.</p>
  <p>Most web hosting servers are already configured to run the  Ioncube Loader, however it seems that your  server is not properly set up and has a problem.</p>
  <p>If you are a do-it-yourself person, you can run the <a href="ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.php">Ioncube Loader Diagnostic Utility</a> and try to fix the problem.</p>
  <p>Otherwise, you should send your web hosting provder a link to this page and ask them to fix the problem. (It should take them about 10 seconds to fix it.)</p>
  <h2>What if my hosting provider will not fix the problem?</h2>
  <p>There are no technical or security  reasons to prevent the Ioncube Loader from running on your web server. If your web hosting provider can not (or will not)  fix the problem, then you should switch to a more competent  hosting provider.</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>');exit(199);

Now open the ioncube encoder GUI and go to the "Customization" tab. Click the radio button for Custom 'No Loader' Expression", under the "PHP Preamble" section and paste in the ENTIRE new pre-able code, including the part you replaced above.

If anyone has other pre-amble code they'd like to share.. feel free to paste it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: