ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do I need root access to install the loader?

adammapple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: do I need root access to install the loader? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry about this dumb question.

I'm hosting my web site with a hosting compnay that does not have Zend Optimizer or IonCube installed. Do you know if I can install either if I''m not the root user of the server?

Thanks much,
Adam
Alasdair

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: do I need root access to install the loader? Reply with quote

adammapple wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry about this dumb question.

I'm hosting my web site with a hosting compnay that does not have Zend Optimizer or IonCube installed. Do you know if I can install either if I''m not the root user of the server?

Thanks much,
Adam

Hi Adam,

To install the ionCube loaders in the php.ini you will need root access to the server. You could also try asking your wen host to install them.

However, you might not need to install the loaders on the server. ionCube supports 'run time loading' where you can simply upload a folder containing the different loaders, and when an ionCube encoded script is run it simply locates the correct loader from that folder and runs it. If you are trying to run an ionCube encoded script its likely the script already comes with the ionCube folder and the required loaders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: