ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CentOS 4.1 x64 Loader Troubles

cfaice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: CentOS 4.1 x64 Loader Troubles Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am trying to install the IonCube loader on my dedicated server running CentOS 4.1 x64 edition, and for some reason it is not working!

I have got the directories all setup, and have edited the ini file as per the documentation, however the application that uses it within my WHM, still asks for it to be installed Shocked

So it seems as though it is not running.

Can anyone help?

Craig
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possible reason is using the x86 instead of x86_64 Loader. If you get an error about symbols not defined, this is because your PHP was compiled with --enable-versioning, and should be rebuilt without that option. Also check that you edited the correct php.ini file. If using apache, error messages will appear in the apache error log. If you don't see any error, try setting the php.ini file to an invalid path to the Loader. Then you should see an error, and if not, it suggests that PHP isn't trying to install the Loader - possibly because the php.ini file is the wrong one.

If you're still stuck, please create a support ticket and send us a URL to the Loader helper script.
twain47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this get resolved?

I seem to have what sounds like a similar problem. I get the following error:

Failed loading /usr/local/lib64/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so: /usr/local/lib64/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so: undefined symbol: php_sprintf
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is likely to be a configuration or PHP build related problem with your server. Possibly PHP was built with --enable-versioning, and if so it should be rebuilt without that option as it prevents global symbols in PHP/Apache being exported, and the dynamic linker fails to resolve external dependencies when trying to link the Loader. Another possibility is that you have a build that Plesk produced, which is a modified version or PHP that again does not expose standard global functions that are part of the PHP engine API.

Check for the versioning option first, and rebuild without it if necessary. If you're still stuck then please create a helpdesk ticket and we'll see what else may be wrong on your machine.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

We've looked further at this issue and it should be resolved now.

Whilst most link problems are from --enable-versioning or patched PHP releases, the php_sprintf() case was different. php_sprintf() is a replacement in PHP for sprintf() if it is considered by configure not to have the usual behaviour of returning the number of characters converted. On one of the 64 bit machines used for building the 64 bit Linux Loaders, PHP had this function defined, hence the dependency on that function. On our latest 64 bit machines, PHP does not need to have php_sprintf() defined, and therefore the Loaders do not have a dependency on the function.

Thanks to those contributing background information on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: