ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zend kicks out the IonCube Loader?

luis.cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Zend kicks out the IonCube Loader? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I've installed a ioncube's based shopping cart (fishyshoop) in my hosting provider space. They use Zend PHP and i can't edit php.ini so i tried the loader on run-time... and all works fine (ioncube-loader-helper.php is ok) but five minutes later: error!

Code:
The file /datos/.../... /index.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder <http://www.ioncube.com> and requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so ionCube PHP Loader <http://www.ioncube.com/loader_download/> to be installed

've asked my web hosting provider, they say it's a problem with Zend. In other words, it's impossible to make work Zend and IonCube in the same server because when Zend detects IonCube loader, simply, it kicks out the last one, even when is working on run-time.

I have a question.. ┐is this as they say? ┐zend and ioncube can't live together?

Thanks in advance

Luis.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're basically saying is that your host believes Zend to be using anti-competitive tactics to disable a competitors system. This is a tactic that Zend have tried in the past (about 2 years ago), but we quickly worked around what they tried at the time. I doubt that they would pull such a stunt again, and it would certainly be very foolish and a major error of judgement for them to try.

Since the incident a couple of years ago, Zend Optimiser and other providers extensions, including the Loader, have been able to work together without problems. Many hosts use the Loader and Zend Optimiser together, some with newer versions of ZO, some with older versions, and we've never had a report of problems that were because of ZO doing what you describe. Most likely you have a configuration issue of some kind so we'll follow up in the helpdesk.
luis.cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Smile

I'm trying to contact with my hosting provider in order to get more information about this problem. Maybe they are cheating me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: