ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Request

Dark_Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Feature Request Reply with quote

I am a proud owner of the Pro Encoder and very happy with it. One thing that is missing is a way to archive (zip or tar) from the command line. I currently have the windows version and I wanted to purchase the linux one as well to use it in an automated setup for users purchasing my scripts from my site.

Is this something due in the near future?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: How to encode and archive programmatically in Unix Reply with quote

Hi

This isn't planned at the moment, but it's easily achievable with a small amount of scripting in PHP, and possibly the Unix shell.

Linux installs come with the tar program, and usually with the zip program too. If not, you can easily obtain zip for your Linux machine. With these, you have the ability to quickly create both a tar, tar.gz, and zip archive simply by triggering the tar or zip program via PHP or a shell script.

To Encode and then produce an archive, the steps you might use would be:

1) create a temporary folder somewhere a unique name
2) change directory into the temporary folder
3) create a folder (inside the temporary folder) with the top level folder name that you want your archive to have. If this would always be unique anyway then you could skip step 1/2
4) prepare the contents of the folder created in step 3 by running the Encoder and performing any other tasks that you need
5) run the archiver of choice, e.g. 'zip -r', 'tar zcf', to archive the folder and create the archive file wherever it needs to be
6) cd out of the temporary folder and remove it recursively, e.g. with 'rm -r'.

If you have many support files in your project that are to be copied and not encoded, provided that they're on the same partition, consider using the --hard-links feature so that files aren't really copied but are just hard linked. Your archive will be created in just the same way when you run tar or zip, but the linked files will no space in the temporary folder.

You could code these steps in PHP, or use a shell script to do the work and then simply call the shell script from PHP.

We're completing work on the next releases at the moment, and we'll consider putting this in, but the steps above will do the job well.
Dark_Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,
Thx for the fast reply. Coding this in PHP is a breeze for me but as always I am very busy and was just wondering. Do you have an ETA as to the next release?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: User Software Download System... Reply with quote

I wrote something like this to work with my game server control program the admin adds a download to the users member area and they click on the software download and it encodes the software using the linux ioncube encoder then zips, rars, or tar.gz's it and the download beings in seconds (since ioncube is so quick ;]).

If you want to check out the user system I wrote let me know, the license system that you were looking for is used in the same system. Smile

-Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: