ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deleting files not on source

sl256

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Deleting files not on source Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm using the encoder with --update-target and --into parameters to encode a project. However, when I delete files from the source and run the encoder again using the above options, the deleted files aren't removed on the target directory.

Is such functionality available from the encoder, or does this have to be done by other means? If there's no such option within encoder, does anyone know of a good way to handle these cases?

I understand that I could use --replace-target option to avoid this, but I'm trying to have minimal changes on the target, since I copy the resulting target directory via rsync on a slow link.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update process is one way, with the Encoder scanning the source hierarchy to identify changes between source and target, but not also scanning the target to find files/folders that are no longer in the source. It's not been suggested before and would slow down the update process, but could be useful. I'll add it to the possible future features list.

Using a recursive diff would report files in one directory and not in another so you could prune files that way. Or use the replace option and turn off checksums with rsync so that it just uses timestamps, and then rsync should just identify the changed files.
sl256

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick wrote:
The update process is one way, with the Encoder scanning the source hierarchy to identify changes between source and target, but not also scanning the target to find files/folders that are no longer in the source. It's not been suggested before and would slow down the update process, but could be useful. I'll add it to the possible future features list.

Thanks for that. It would be very useful for me at least.

nick wrote:
Using a recursive diff would report files in one directory and not in another so you could prune files that way. Or use the replace option and turn off checksums with rsync so that it just uses timestamps, and then rsync should just identify the changed files.

Yes, I experimented a little and ended up doing what you suggested above with diff for now.

As for rsync way that you mentioned, it sounds like it's worth investigating too. Thanks for the tip.
AndreyB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any news on this issue. I'm currently dealing the same problem. The project is too large to use --replace-target option, but with --update-target deleted files are kept
alastair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a feature for this in the Encoder although we will consider this again for version 11 next year. It would likely be an additional option that indicated that files in the target, but not in the source, should be removed.

Apart from that, using a recursive diff, as suggested in liaison's post above, would be the way to tackle this.

ionCube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: