ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder

PHP 5 support

mastabog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: PHP 5 support Reply with quote

Hello ionCube,

I have recently searched the market for php encoders with support for PHP 5. So far I've seen that one of the only encoders that fully support PHP5 is the Zend Encoder.

Your encoder appears to support only PHP up to v4.3, am I right? Is there any plan of releasing an ionCube encoder with PHP5 support. If yes, any estimates?

It might be innapropriate to ask, but from your information is the Zend encoder the only php5 capable encoder at this moment?

Regards
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bogdan

Our PHP5 Encoder should be released later this quarter, and it's currently in an advanced stage of Alpha testing and soon to move to Beta.

Any encoders that just perform source based encoding (i.e. they just obscure the source and restore it at runtime) should work, but as they're essentially totally insecure, we wouldn't recommend them. Ourselves and Zend really lead the way with compiled code encoding for professional users. Obviously we would recommend waiting until ours hits the market before jumping in Smile

Nick
mastabog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answers ... didn't hurt to ask Wink
php5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only ionCube and Zend do produce encrypted compiled bytecode, but source guardan too. And they released new version just one month ago with full php5 support, etc.
Just useful to know and it is fair to mention all market players if you mention others...
Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: