ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License Question: laptop/ desktop

Michaël

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: License Question: laptop/ desktop Reply with quote

Hi,

I would kike to have some more information about the way he encoder is licensed.
I read it's licensed "on a per machine basis, locked to machine identity"

I'm currently working in a project in a foreign country, using my laptop.
What's going to happen if I license the product on my laptop and want to use it later on my home desktop ?

Thanks you.
Alasdair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: License Question: laptop/ desktop Reply with quote

Michaël wrote:
Hi,

I would kike to have some more information about the way he encoder is licensed.
I read it's licensed "on a per machine basis, locked to machine identity"

I'm currently working in a project in a foreign country, using my laptop.
What's going to happen if I license the product on my laptop and want to use it later on my home desktop ?

Thanks you.

As long as you remove it from your laptop, drop an email to ionCube support and they will generally let you move your license to another machine (i.e. your desktop).

Nick from ionCube posted about this in another thread, http://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=99, where he said:

Quote:

You're not entirely correct about the number of licenses that you need.

In that licensing is per machine, you are correct, and this is just like other professional software systems such as Zend, Steinberg Cubase. etc. etc. Unlike many systems, ionCube products are priced fairly. Indeed, if we followed the suggestions of some of our customers, we'd be putting prices UP Smile

So, our model is that you license per machine, such that generally the sole developer pays the least, those with more ambitious systems pay perhaps a little more for a couple of licenses, and companies with many developers or server farms pay the most. With generous discounts of around 50% of the product cost for additional licenses purchased at the same time as the product, an Encoder and additional license will still cost much less than the closest similar product. Coupled with support included, and no annual renewal fees or costs for upgrades, the ionCube value advantage is clear.

You are incorrect in assuming, (or perhaps being told?), that moving licenses to other machines will cost money. We now typically process several customer relicense requests every day, and except in cases where the customer is clearly trying to gain extra licenses for free by abusing the system, once the customer has confirmed that the software has been removed from the old machine, relicensing isn't generally an issue.

To make this even easier, with version 6 we have taken our product licensing to the next level with a system that lets customers unlicense their licensed machine and relicense to another system. The new system uses special techniques that we have developed to give end users more flexibility whilst keeping license fraud in check, and so we can make the system even easier for customers.

Michaël

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering so quickly Smile

Well, this is great.
Just the last piece of information I needed for.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: