ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Distributing encoded files using WinZip or WinAce

salman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Distributing encoded files using WinZip or WinAce Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new to Ioncube encoder. When I distribute my script which has some files Ioncubbe Encoded using Winzip or WinAce. It does not work.

I have noticed that when the file is distributed in zip format or in tar format UPON unzipping (or untarring) the filesize changes.

When those unzipped (or untarred) files are uploaded on the server, I get error when I reupload those files from the original Ioncube encoded files on my harddisk they works fine BUT unzipped (or untarred) dont.

So my question is how you guys distribute your Encoded files. What program do you use which does unzipping or unencryption without corrupting the file (on both windows and lynux)?

Many thanks in advance.
Mastermix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to encode your project in ASCII mode NOT binary mode

ASCII is a layer on top of binary so is in no way any less secure but encoding in ASCII mode will eliminate any problems you get when distributing the files using winzip or something similar
Very Happy
salman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response.
But I dont see this option in the online encoder. Where is this option available?

Mastermix wrote:
You need to encode your project in ASCII mode NOT binary mode

ASCII is a layer on top of binary so is in no way any less secure but encoding in ASCII mode will eliminate any problems you get when distributing the files using winzip or something similar
Very Happy
Mastermix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure about the online version (i dont work for ioncube and use the standalone version) but u can also disable cr/lf in winzip and distributing them should then be fine for binary mode
salman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastermix wrote:
im not sure about the online version (i dont work for ioncube and use the standalone version) but u can also disable cr/lf in winzip and distributing them should then be fine for binary mode

I have disabled Smart Cr/LF convertion but to no use.... Crying or Very sad
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The online Encoder uses a binary format at the moment as it makes use of a version of our encoding library that predates support for the ASCII encoding layer.

Other than WinZIP, the killer is FTP itself. Some FTP programs only support ASCII transfers, and others try to be clever, and assume that files are ASCII either by their extension or by looking at the first 100 or so bytes of a file. Files must be transferred in binary mode.

As well as the help from ASCII encoding in the main Encoders, installers created by our IPF product take away the pain and hastle of remote installations. The installers will install a product to a remote server without file corruption, and handle the other typical tasks such as custom file and folder permissions, running post install scripts and Loader installation. They also push a web product to a higher level by being distributed as a professional installer as opposed to a zip archive with a bunch of files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: