ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loader and script license thread

elex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Loader and script license thread Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have an ioncube encoded file wich I need to run but I can't seem to get it working.

I've uploaded the ioncube directory and placed in the directory where the encoded file exisits. After this didn't work, I've executed the ioncube-loader-helper.php file and it gave me the following messages:

Trying to install Loader - this may produce an error...

Results
The Loader was not installed.
Instructions
Run-time loading is not currently possible.
If you require further assistance, please contact ionCube support providing
a link to this script.

I do NOT have access to the php.ini of the hosting service ofcourse and it looks like run-time-loading is not possible ? What do I do next ?

Also, this version of the loaders is the x86/64. I have also tried the x86 version, wich gave me the much less information and actually said that the loaders was successfull *(in green letters) and that it should work... but it didn't ...

My server is an linux i686 (this is all I could find, till now..) so Maybe it is version related ?

I would appreciate any help!
Elex
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've answered most of your own question here. x86_64 isn't better because it has 64 in it, it's for a different architecture, and if the Loader helper said that the x86 version was installed successfully, it will have been. The x86_64 ones will not work as they're for 64 bit CPU's and yours is 32 bit.

So, go back to the x86 ones, download up to date ones from our site, and check that you still get a successfull install shown with the Loader helper. Then check your application. Note that the ioncube folder should be at the same level or higher in the directory path from your encoded files.

If the Loader helper says that the Loader is installed then it will be, but if you believe that your scripts are not working correctly then please send us a link to the application and loader helper via the helpdesk. You may have an issue related to the application that you're trying to install, such as config error, but we can take a look anyway.
elex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to install group-office pro, wich has an encoded install.php file.
I indeed went back to the x86 files. So my situation now is that whenever I try to execute the install.php file I get the following message :

The encoded file / - path - /install/install.php is not permissioned for - IP adres -

But whenever I execute the ioncube-loader-helper.php (wich is in the same directory as the install.php) it says in green letters that :

An ionCube encoded file has been loaded successfully.
Encoded files should now function correctly.

I've put the ioncube folder in the install folder (in wich the install.php resides).. I've also tried to put the ioncube folder in the HTDOCS root.

Also, I cannot seem to find any config file... the install.php seems to just not get decoded.. Sad

elex
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot give specific help in the forum and you should post in the helpdesk if necessary. In this case though it won't be.

If Loaders are being reported as installed then they are being, and that side of things will be fine.

Messages related to files not being permissioned for a particular IP are licensing related messages, and indicate that the scripts are not authorised for the computer where they are being run. This could happen because the product provider has incorrectly licensed the scripts, and of course would happen if the license is being broken. If scripts are licensed to a domain name (ServerName in Apache parlance), it could be that the incorrect domain was restricted to. These mistakes are avoided if the license generation part of an application uses the Loader API to return server data, as the license request data contains the server name, whatever it happened to be, for the domain being used when the API function was called.

For end users having "non permissioned" messages, they should contact the script provider for assistance with their license.
elex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply... I am going to ask the appilication deliverer for more help ... They told me to install the ioncube loaders and I did, but since the error message is still there I now believe the fault is at the appilcation side too ...

Regards,
Elex
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, and if the host has problems in successfully restricting to your machine then they can contact us and we'll advise.

There is one other possibility, but really it's highly unlikely, which is that the files were corrupted during installation and that this just happened to affect parts of the file metadata related to restrictions. This is improbable though, and corruption would usually generate a message to say that the files were corrupt. Furthermore, if the files are ASCII encoded rather than binary, and this is the default format for encoded files, corruption that can happen from FTP and winZIP is eliminated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: