ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting expiration

BSDguru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Setting expiration Reply with quote

I've noticed on my demo that I can use my expired demo by simply setting the clock back on my system to 1 day after the eval date, which is obviously unacceptable. Is there anything available to use that isn't so easy to defeat?

FYI, I'm in the process of deciding which product to buy; if I can't use expiration features I can't see why i need the pro version.
BSDguru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess when Nick is away there is no support?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more the case that this isn't an official support forum but a community one. There are some regulars here, but as users' generally don't need support because as one customer put it recently the software is so easy to use he didn't need support, you don't get an active pool of people desperately seeking help from each other. Creating a support ticket as you did a short while ago is the best way. Right now at 19:58pm everyone's gone home apart from muggins here who has to do some Windows updates and virus scans, though it gives me a chance to do some violin playing too in our office which has favourable accoustics Smile
BSDguru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as they say, ignorance is bliss Rolling Eyes

Ok, so I got my encoder and i noticed that it will only work if the hostname is the same, which is overly limiting. Licensing a machine shouldn't involve forcing things that may change normally to be constant. Which brings up some other things that I didn't anticipate.

I often rotate my disk to a backup, particularly if a disk starts making noise; will the license work on a backup image on the same machine, or is there something else that's going to bite me in the future?

*rant* Also, why do people use captchas that even humans can't read?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: