ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Untrusted Zend Engine Problem

Azure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Untrusted Zend Engine Problem Reply with quote

Hi there,

after I install the ioncube loader through runtime, I get an error that my php file cannot be loaded because of an untrusted PHP Zend engine extension installed. It then directs me to a passage explaining how to fix the problem, however I don't think that passage provides enough infomation in order for me to solve my problem.

It just states " the latest version of the ionCube Encoder (version 3.1) allows developers to protect their files with permission to run in an untrusted environment if they wish. " Where am I suppose to get the ionCube Enoder v3.1 ? It does not even provide a hyperlink of some sort.

I then do a google search and fine the ionCube Encoder can be downloaded as an evaluation, what about people who just want a loader that can allow developers files to run in an untrusted environment if they wish ? Where is that available ?
jon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The developer of the package needs to re-encode the PHP application to allow untrusted extensions.

Our policy is to make the default option the most secure (disallowing untrusted extensions) but actually there is not much risk in allowing untrusted extensions.

The developer of the PHP application should hopefully have no trouble making this change.

Hope this helps!

All the best.
-Jon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And where are the instructions for the developer?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fully explained in the User Guide PDF that acompanies our products; so they just need to glance at the manual.
xxs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm strongly searching for a list of trusted extensions.

Is there any chance to get it?

I've written a software that uses some extensions and don't really know which are trusted, and which are not...
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

All of yours will be. This just relates to plugins to the php engine rather than modules, and the default with encoded files is to allow untrusted extensions. Also, with the new security features in 6.5 and techniques that we use, the previously minimal risk from untrusted extensions is eliminated and so its a non issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: