ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

include file protection

Mastermix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: include file protection Reply with quote

i have read on here about the include file protection and understand that u need to encode using 2 passes
1 with include key property
and other with include key property with if

how can i do this with the windows gui version?

i only see one setting for include file protection which will set the include if on all files

am i missing something really simple?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It's now generally no longer necessary to encode in two passes. The was previously required so that top level scripts could be executed, but top level scripts can now be accessed directly even if they are protected from being included by unauthorised scripts. This greatly simplifies the process, and for most projects, it will generally not be required to make two encodings.
Mastermix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was a quick reply. brill support Very Happy

i'll try to explain in detail the problem im having
it is a standalone encoded script but it is called from another (unencoded) script

the encoded script uses include files

if i encode the include files with include protection on then it wont work as the calling file wasnt encoded with that option

if i encode the whole lot with include protection on then it wont work at all because the unencoded calling script is not included in the project

so my question is: how can i encode just the include files using include protection and how to encode the calling file so it can call them correctly but not itself have that protection (using the windows gui)?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

In this case you would have to encode the top level script. For simplicity, you could encode a wrapper that defines the associated properties for the include protection, but that is allowed to be included into other files. Have that wrapper just include the top level protected file. Now, when developing your application, you can include the already encoded wrapper that will rarely (probably never) change in your project, set the status of the file to be copied and not encoded, and then encode your project in one step. There is just the initial stage to encode the wrapper, but once that already encoded file is part of your project, you're all set. Also, assuming that you have the dynamic icons feature working, you'll get a visual reminder in explorer that the wrapper file in the source project is already encoded.

Another way could be to exploit a new feature that we have added, whereby an external program can be launched after encoding has completed. This could be a batch file that would perform a second encoding pass on the top level files, and use --merge to merge those into the target.

Either would work fine, but the first way would be the neatest.
Mastermix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

i will do that Very Happy
Mastermix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would u consider adding an option to the wishlist for a future release to make it easier to work with include files?

maybe a right click option on the files in the source tab to select allowed to call include and another option to set as a protected include Very Happy
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can add this and it's a good idea.

Much of the product development is in the value added features and usability that sets the ionCube solution far apart from the other products in the market, and it's good to see some of the more advanced features not found in other products being exploited, and to have feedback allowing us to push out the boundaries of product usability even further. Thanks for the suggestion!

In the mean time, and unless you have many top level entry point scripts, the wrapper solution should work well for you and be quick to setup.
Mastermix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again for your time and excellent support as always and for a top notch product

i will do what you suggested in the meantime

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: