ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre Sales: PHP Online Encoder Pitfalls/Issues

surfscape

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Pre Sales: PHP Online Encoder Pitfalls/Issues Reply with quote

Okay, I attempted to test the php Online encoder, but I'm running Zend Studio and it can be run with the debugger. Fair enough

Besides this issue and the issue of actually having to touch the php.ini file on a win box, should someone be hosted on that platform.

Are there any other glaring issues/pitfalls with it?
I'd like to know any restrictions limitations before I buy and distribute an encoded script.

Feedback is appreciated!

Thanks.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Garrett

Other than currently being only for PHP4 (although code runs on PHP 5 servers if required) and using binary encoding rather than our preferable ascii format wrapper, there are no "glaring issues/pitfalls" as you put it at all. Your debugger may indeed not be compatible, but this is something that you would have to take up with the manufacturers, and in general one would not want a debugger and encoded scripts to coexist. As for Windows, you don't necessarily need to edit the php.ini file on that platform to use encoded files. This is only required for non-cgi threaded systems, and those where the system configuration is unsuitable. Due to the historical instability of PHP and it's many plugins as a web server module on Windows, many systems are configured as CGI. For these systems dl() is available, runtime install is typically possible, and even if the php.ini file is unsuitably configured, it's usually possible to override the hosting providers own php.ini with a custom one if necessary.

For serious use, the standalone Encoders are the all round better solution though. These support PHP 4 and PHP 5, and particularly with release 6.5 that introduces new security features and encryption support for files or any type, the standalone products are the most featured, powerful and most secure of any bytecode encoding solution on the market today, and offer unbeatable value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: