ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are both Ioncube *and* Zend encoding needed?

electric

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Are both Ioncube *and* Zend encoding needed? Reply with quote

Hello,

Currently, I distribute my software as both ioncube-encoded and zend-encoded formats.

I am trying to determine if the zend-encoded version is still needed.

(I'd rather keep things simple for my customers, and many of them get confused when trying to choose between the two download options. Plus, Zend Guard is *much* more expensive then the excellent Ioncube Encoder. And their support stinks.)

So....does anyone know if there are any server instances where Ioncube Loaders (ioncube-encoded software) will not work, when the Zend Optimizer (zend-encoded software) will work?

Thanks very much.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to nitpick, their shouldn't be any cases where ZO would work but the Loader wouldn't, but there could be cases where ZO is installed and the Loader isn't as well as vice versa. We haven't seen any cases of this recently when looking at phpinfo pages though. What we have noticed is what seems to be a notable increase in the use of CGI on shared servers, and where in most cases the end user can create their own php.ini files, giving them the flexibility to install modules and engine extensions as necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: