ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6.5 licensing bug?

MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: 6.5 licensing bug? Reply with quote

I have licenses for 2 Windows GUI encoders.

so.. i upgraded from 6.0.14 to 6.5.0. I revoked the license, generated the request, sent it in, and got the email back. I downloaded the new license data, and set it up.... the encoder starts up just fine... but when I go to open a project and encode the files, i get the following message:

Please download a new Encoder license to allow usage of the Special Edition GUI. Contact support@ioncube if you need further assistance.

So, before I send in a support request, is there something I'm doing wrong?

C
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris

The main thing wrong is not posting a support request Smile The forum is ideal for general issues, and specific user questions are better handled in the helpdesk unless of wider relevance, and even then, the helpdesk is preferred as it combines customer help in one repository and allows us to be more efficient when helping customers.

Looking at your account, I see that you have 3 licenses for the Encoder and 1 for IPF, and you purchased the Special Edition GUI as well. There's no bug, but one license was not set for the SE GUI, and this is likely to be the issue. We've corrected that, and if you download new license data it should now be fine and your SE gui should be activated.

If you still have problems, please create a helpdesk ticket and we'll be able to look into this further for you.
MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi nick...

sorry about that... i figured i'd post here to see if anyone else had a problem before i sent in a ticket.... i know i hate getting tickets with stupid questions Smile

thanks for fixing that for me...

chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: