ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different Encoders, prices and options?

starfoxtj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Different Encoders, prices and options? Reply with quote

Hi Im new to this had and had a few questions I cannot determine by reading your website.

What exactly are the different packages you offer, and what do they do?
You have the ioncube PHP encoder 6, the Package Foundary 3 for $99 on sale, the base version for $199, the pro at $269 and Cerberus at $348.
I see the differences between the last three seem to be mac address, ip and domain locking. But I cannot find out if that is the ONLY difference, and what about the first two packages?

Why is the package only $99 on sale while the Cerberus is $348? Im assuming the Cerberus includes more?

Thanks for the info. Smile
Alasdair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Different Encoders, prices and options? Reply with quote

starfoxtj wrote:
Hi Im new to this had and had a few questions I cannot determine by reading your website.

What exactly are the different packages you offer, and what do they do?
You have the ioncube PHP encoder 6, the Package Foundary 3 for $99 on sale, the base version for $199, the pro at $269 and Cerberus at $348.
I see the differences between the last three seem to be mac address, ip and domain locking. But I cannot find out if that is the ONLY difference, and what about the first two packages?

Why is the package only $99 on sale while the Cerberus is $348? Im assuming the Cerberus includes more?

Thanks for the info. Smile

There are two different ionCube product lines, the ionCube encoder which comes in 3 editions (Entry, Pro & Cerberus) and the ionCube Package Foundry (one edition).

The ionCube encoder encodes PHP files allowing you to license them and prevent the theft of your source code. All 3 editions (Entry, Pro & Cerberus) do this. The Pro edition also allows you to encrypt files that expire at a certain point (e.g. 30 days in the future, so you can create a trial version of your product) and also restrict them to a specific hostname (e.g. restrict files to only run on a certain IP address) - this isn't possible in the Entry edition. Finally, the Cerberus edition does everything the Pro edition does but also allows you to create files that only run on a specific mac address or addresses - this allows you to create a batch of files that will only run on specific servers, and again this is something only Cerberus can do (Entry + Pro can't). For Pro + Cerberus, you can also use the new license file manager to use one set of files but a different license file to specify the restrictions. A full comparision is listed at http://www.ioncube.com/sa_encoder.php?page=pricing.

In terms of the package foundry, this isn't for encoding PHP files and instead creates a Windows based installation package that will FTP and chmod files to your end-users hosting, removing the possibility for problems with Binary/ASCII files etc...

I'm not a member of the ionCube staff, and so I might have got a couple small things wrong (I'm sure Nick or Jon will correct me) but hopefully that helps Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Alasdair summarised perfectly, (thanks!), and if you need any further help please don't hesitate to contact sales@ioncube.com who'll be pleased to assist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: