ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Limitations to the encoded files

starfoxtj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Limitations to the encoded files Reply with quote

I have a pretty large php application I have been working on, and the majority of it is relatively standard and that needs to be in plain text so the customer can change the settings (color, placement, images etc).

However, I have some function.php files which includes my copyrighted works that need to be encoded. I am currently using the include( 'functions.php' ); function on my test server to read this file and gain access to the functions it contains. Once the file is encoded, can I, and how would i "call" this file, or have access to the encoded functions it contains?

Just incase that was not clear let me state it this way:
I want index.php, dir.php and file.php to be unencoded plain-text so the customer can edit it.
But I want functions.php encoded so it cannot be read.

index.php, file.php and dir.php use the functions in functions.php to perform file operations.

Will I be able to keep the include( 'functions.php' ) function in those three files and then use the functions that file contains?

I hope I explained it well. If you need clarification please let me know.

Thanks
AW3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Limitations to the encoded files Reply with quote

possibly yes, 'cause I've tried to use together both encoded and plain files vs include/rewuires declaration, everythings seems working ok...
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm, you can freely mix any combination of encoded and unencoded files.

With regards to configuration files, generally we would caution against using PHP files themselves for storing configuration information as although convenient, they provide a route for someone to try and exploit any weaknesses in the PHP program design because the config files could then contain arbitrary PHP code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: