ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ioncube Loader and PHP 5.1.1 crashes Apache

Stephan Schulze

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: ioncube Loader and PHP 5.1.1 crashes Apache Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed the newest PHP Version 5.1.1 in combination with the PHP 5.1
Beta Loaders. Unfortunately the Apache Server crashes with a Segmentation
fault when calling an encoded file.

Will there be an update next time?

With best regards

Stephan Schulze
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We're onto this already. It's fine if installed in the php.ini file, but an issue emerged with runtime install in our latest 5.1 Loaders. We should be releasing corrected versions later today, and we will be sending out a general announcement about new Loader and Encoder updates to customers later this week.
assid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Loader issues Reply with quote

i tried with loading the loader into php.ini first. I still cant get it working on my test box. I am using apache 2.2.0 w/ php5.1. I get the same segmentation fault, and this is when im trying to run the php files inside ioncube loader distribution.

I later loaded apache 2.0.55 and still no go. I then decided to run ioncube-loader-helper.php from CLI. It still gives me a segmentation fault. When i remove the loader from php.ini and try to run the CLI, i get segmentation fault, before the file gets decoded. If I have the loader in php.ini then it faults AFTER the decoding. However, it does give a seg. fault.

I have now loaded php-5.0.3 with 2.2.0 apache. It refuses to run any of the ioncube scripts. I tried with the older loader, it still doesnt work. With the older loader i got :

Warning: dl(): ionCube Loader: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20040412, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP compiled with module API=20041030, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These options need to match
in /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 407
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks as though you have the Loaders for pre 5.0.3, not for 5.0.3 and above. PHP 5.0 went through a number of teething problems early on, and it was necessary to release special Loaders for the early versions of PHP5.0, and our main ones after PHP 5.0 settled down internally at 5.0.3.
assid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Unable to load Reply with quote

nick wrote:
This looks as though you have the Loaders for pre 5.0.3, not for 5.0.3 and above. PHP 5.0 went through a number of teething problems early on, and it was necessary to release special Loaders for the early versions of PHP5.0, and our main ones after PHP 5.0 settled down internally at 5.0.3.

I tried with the latest one as well. it didnt work. Thats when i decided to try the "pre" version
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I suspected, the date mismatch is from your using the pre 5.0.3 Loaders with post 5.0.2. We have no other live problem reports from other 5.0 users, so this is likely to be a config related issue at your end. One problem that users sometimes have is with their cli PHP version being different to the apache PHP version, through upgrading the web server PHP and forgetting to upgrade the cli PHP at the same time, or from their path picking up the wrong cli PHP. This may not be your case, but worth checking. As this seems to be user specific, we'll pick this up in the helpdesk.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Misuse of compiler options Reply with quote

As we suspected, the problem here with segfaults was due to the use of incompatible compiler options when building PHP. Options such as changing structure alignments away from the default are guaranteed in particular to cause crashes. When building PHP from source, it is recommended to let the configure program choose the compiler options. If there is a desire to tinker with compiler optimisation flags and the like, be sure to understand fully what each option does, and for whether the options will be compatible with code compiled with the default compiler options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: