ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dev plans / wxWidgets

OnO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Dev plans / wxWidgets Reply with quote

Hi,

Congratulations, ionCube has grown into great product. Putting even incredibely expensive Zend Encoder behind.

I believe our company (which is right now developing some projects that one of them is PHP) is gonna purchase ionCube Encoder soon, and maybe Package Foundry too.

I've just simple question.. since I'm also wxWidgets user (patcher sometimes ;P) & I know you're using wxWidgets for your products.

1. Are you going to integrate it with new wxWidgets 2.6.2 which (since 2.6) introduced many compatibility UI fixes... mostly for XP/W2k users, I mean W2K fonts, fixed toolbars, etc. Which would be interesting for Package Foundry as well as for Encoder UI.

2. I'm using evaluation version of Encoder UI, however is it possible to store encoder settings in some text / xml file instead of binary one ?
Like that one for Package Foundry installer. I'd love to be able to change settings also just text editing them.

3. Can you put some more readable and non-jagged (white dots around) toolbar icons for UI. For some low contrast laptop LCD, it's sometimes hard to guess which one is which. Also wxWidgets 2.6.x fixes missing toolbar separator lines on WinXP's Smile

4. Maybe it would make a sense to apply your apps to the wxWidgets enabled apps on wxWidgets site, it would be also nice advertisement for you I believe.

I also have a personal question...
Does ionCube Encoder license gives life-time upgrades ? I mean you release version 7.0, do I have to pay for upgrade or not, when I have version 6.0 ?
I know that for Package Foundry it's 12months free upgrades.

Best regards,
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. We will be updating to newer wx. Right now the builds are with 2.6.0

The project file format of the GUI is GZ compressed text and similar to XML, although it's not XML. The GUI can read uncompressed project files, so you could uncompress the project file and adjust the settings.

Can you send a screen shot to our helpdesk of the icons as they appear on your laptop so we can see more clearly what you mean. This will guide any changes.

The Encoder licenses are lifetime with free support and upgrades.
OnO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks for terribly fast response,

nick wrote:
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. We will be updating to newer wx. Right now the builds are with 2.6.0.

Great! I think you should apply to this list http://www.wxwidgets.org/apps2.htm.

nick wrote:
The project file format of the GUI is GZ compressed text and similar to XML, although it's not XML. The GUI can read uncompressed project files, so you could uncompress the project file and adjust the settings.

Yup.. it works, I can see the config after ungzipping. Great thanks.

nick wrote:
Can you send a screen shot to our helpdesk of the icons as they appear on your laptop so we can see more clearly what you mean. This will guide any changes.

Here it is: (I'm sending it here coz I'm out of my mail client)

It's nothing serious. I doubt you can see anything new there, coz I would need to make a photo of my screen anyway... but if you zoom in - you can see white dots (probably due transparency matching) around Save, Play / Stop, and Package Foundry Buttons. Also those last three are hardly readable on low contrast display like mine's (1400x1050)... anyway it's nothing serious Smile

nick wrote:
The Encoder licenses are lifetime with free support and upgrades.

This is great. Thanks again. Bye bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: