ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

Server Config and Loaders

MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Server Config and Loaders Reply with quote

Is there a way to have the IPF installer determine which loader would be appropriate for that particular installation and then upload ONLY that one?

The loaders are huge! This would be a great way to preserve bandwidth and decrease install time Idea
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Installers do attempt to install Loaders for the correct OS and not for others. You cannot restrict it to exactly the required one, although this could be done as a feature in a later version, but IPF will not install Loaders that may not be required in the future. So, if you are installing to a 4.3 system, it will not install 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2, but will install for 4.3, 4.4 and 5.0. This is to increase that chance that a sudden major upgrade to PHP will not cause the installation to break. Particularly on shared hosts, upgrades usually happen with no notice to the customer, and by pre-installing Loaders for newer versions of PHP, installs become more futureproof.
MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!

I found it. I was wondering why it was uploading all the loaders until I realized that I had them bundled in the ionCube project. I wanted to make two different distributions, a .zip file and the .exe file. But there's no way to make IPF ignore files or folders as of yet Smile

I'm getting it all figured out soon enough Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Good idea. It's been added to Mantis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: