ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 questions about encoder

tajny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: 2 questions about encoder Reply with quote

Hi there i'm using Ioncube with great success now it's really useful.

But 2 questions , first :
Is there any way to move license from license file into database or variable ?

I would like that my customers have oportunity to change license in my application without putting file with license on server where app is running . Just write own gui for license entry and allow them do so.

I know that another way is to upload file by php and replace the old one , but .....
This would be more useful.

and second, when using ioncube_server_data() i got encoded server data, is there any way to decode it ? I understand that encoded server data could be a value of custom property in license file. Then inside of encoded script i can compare that value from new call to 'ioncube_server_data' and the property from license file , yes ? .

Greetz
Paul Plewa
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You can only store license data in a file, however as you say, you could automate that to some extent. If the server supported the URL fopen feature, (some hosters disable this though), you could even have license files sucked from your machine onto theirs automatically.

You can decode the server file with the make_license program, see section 4.1.10 of the user guide.

Quote:

4.1.10 Viewing Server Data Files [--decode-server-file]
If a server data file is created on a server with multiple interfaces, information related to all
installed interfaces will be written to the server data file. If PHP reports a domain name and
current server IP address then these will also be added to the server data file. The contents of the
file can be viewed with the make_licence program option
--decode-server-file path
The domain name and server IP address are output first, followed by the name, IP address, and
MAC address of each adapter installed on the server.

tajny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answer;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: