ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Pre-Sales] ionCube on shared hosting?

Josh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: [Pre-Sales] ionCube on shared hosting? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying ionCube Encoder in conjuction with phpAudit, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is ionCube something I can use in a shared hosting environment, or would I need server level access?
2. I'm planning to encrypt one file in my php script with the licensing stuff from phpAudit, and I'm wondering if my customers will need to be on a server with ionCube support or can I just distribute the loader with my script and it will work on any server?
2a. If my customers will need to be on a server with ionCube support, how popular is ionCube? What sort of market reach do you guys have?

Thanks!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You can use it in a shared environment. In many cases no changes to the server config are required, but depending on how the server has been configured, the sys admins may need to add the Loader on their side. For reputable hosts that don't support the Loaders already, this is usually not a problem.

You can bundle Loaders with your product. To keep down on file size, and to give the best install experience, you might consider using our IPF product to create a professional Windows based installer that end users can use. There are various advantages to providing just a zip file, one of which is that the installer will automatically detect their server type, and install the Loaders for that platform. Version 3 is coming out soon, and the price is going up, so buying soon would lock in the cheaper price and the version 3 upgrade will be free.

Along with Zend, ionCube is a main choice for most people, and is possibly the only serious choice for many people when taking into account not just the products themselves, but support, overall value, additional options (e.g. IPF), etc. You should do your own research on this and not just take our word for it, but we even see people in the Zend forums recommending people to go for our solution, and this is consistent with the trend that we see. More important is how it is perceived with hosting providers, and a quick search of WHT will show up hosts that support both. Notable in many cases is the absense of support for any other encoding solutions, e.g.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=448926&highlight=ioncube+zend
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=446486&highlight=ioncube+zend

Hope this helps, and please let us know if we can assist further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: