ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to get my default file-icons back?

carsten888

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: how to get my default file-icons back? Reply with quote

I installed ioncube today and wondered during install what that option for icons was all about. Now I know, all icons for PHP, XML etc. files are all changed now. Sad
I tried to put them back in the windows explorer but no joy. Assigning them to Dreamweaver again, in the list to assign extensions to programs the PHP and XML-extensions seem to be linked to Dreamweaver, but not in win-explorer itself. Even after reboot.

How do I get my normal icons back?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only icons for PHP are changed, and unlike icons from most programs, the ionCube icons for PHP files are smart icons that change dynamically depending on whether or not the files are encoded. Not only is this exceptionally cool but it can also be very useful as it can help reduce the chance that you accidentally delete source files instead of encoded files.

If you want to lose this feature and go back to the dreamweaver icons (which are probably static ones) then unregistering the icon extension ionenshi.dll that's in the windows system folder should do it as our dll backs up the previous icon settings. Alternatively there's probably a setting in DW to switch the icons back to its ones. Most people keep the dynamic icons though.
carsten888

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after having used it I see the point woth dynamic icons. But maybe you can tell me where the actual images are stored so I can replace one with teh Dreamweaver icon and one with a modified dreamweaver icon. Very Happy
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are resources in the ionenshi.dll DLL. You may be able to use a resource editor to change them there, but we have no further information about how you might go about doing that.
carsten888

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: