ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ioncube, Zend, & Unix

Rick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Ioncube, Zend, & Unix Reply with quote

I have a problem with an untrusted Zend engine extension today that I've never had before. My forms aren't functioning.

I see where you've recommended that my PHP people need to re-write their code to allow untrusted Zend extensions. I'm asking them to do that (if that's still your #1 recommendation?)

But if I need to reupload Ioncube Loaders, which one do I need? My webserver says it's "Unix (standard)" I don't see that option on your list of available downloads.

If it helps, what's on my webserver right now is:
ioncube-install-assistant.php
ioncube-rtl-tester.php
ioncube_loader_lin_4.2.so
ioncube_loader_lin_4.2..ts.so
ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so
ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.ts.so
ioncube_loader_win_4.2.dll
ioncube_loader_win_4.3.dll

I have no clue how to actually reupload these loaders, the instructions seem over my head. But if you could tell me which version I should be using, surely I can eventually figure it out.

So in summary:
1. Is this something my PHP need to fix first?
2. If I have to reupload, which version do I need?

Thanks.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As a security feature, if files are encoded to not allow untrusted extensions then they'll not run if any unrecognised non-closed source extensions are installed. Typically this message happens if files are encoded with that feature and if the opensource mmcache is installed.

If using the standalone Encoder, then reencoding (not rewriting) the files to allow untrusted extensions will allow them to run. There is no need to reupload Loaders.

Prior to version 5, the option of not allowing untrusted extensions was the default. However, as not all users read the documentation, not everyone realised that this option existed. As a result, in version 5 and upwards, by default files are encoded to allow untrusted extensions, and the security feature can be enabled (as opposed to disabled) by using an option.
tuxmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: How do you disable that Reply with quote

Ok i got that error with the most up to date zend as I did not before.

Any way to fix that if so how and what file and part do I edit.

http://www.ktfcc.com/phpinfo.php

is the phpinfo if that helps.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As EA is opensource it cannot be trusted; the reasoning being that it may not really be EA, and could be a hacked version. Files must be encoded to allow untrusted extensions in order to run with EA installed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: