ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loader on wamp?

carsten888

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: loader on wamp? Reply with quote

I get this error:

Code:
Your PHP install appears to have threading support and run-time Loading is only possible on threaded web servers if using the CGI, FastCGI or CLI interface.

What does that mean?
(If I don't understand this, how can I expect my clients to install the loader? ) Shocked
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your clients would probably understand if they are familiar with web technology, however the most important text is actually the instruction that follows as it says what to do. You should see text saying:

Quote:
To run encoded files please install the Loader in the php.ini file.

End users may not know how to do that either, but there is also a link in the helper script that tells them what to add to the php.ini file and also which php.ini file to edit. If they do not have access to the php.ini file then their hosting provider will generally be able to assist. You may have also have your own product setup script, and you are welcome to incorporate aspects of the Loader helper script into your own product setup script if you wish. Customers often do this so that the checking of prerequisites such as the Loader is displayed along with other tests that their setup may do.
carsten888

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To run encoded files please install the Loader in the php.ini file.

I want to make the loader work on wamp, without changing the php.ini, how?

Quote:
Your clients would probably understand if they are familiar with web technology

I want to use this for selling Joomla plugins. So my clients would know at least a little bit about databases and php, but I expect they would not know why the decrypting-process would not work on threaded php on their local wamp-server.

I want to offer a demoversion of my plugin which will work only on localhost. I hope I can make it so it would install like a normal Joomla plugin, including the loaders in a folder, so they don't have to edit their php.ini file. I hope there is a solution to this because I think it will scare potential buyers off if they have to mess with their php.ini just to see a working demo.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some systems the Loader will need to be installed in the php.ini file, however it's an easy edit to make, and if users can manage to get WAMP on their machine in the first place and install PHP applications, then it shouldn't be beyond them.

As long as there are instructions both for how to install and who to ask if they get stuck, there should be no major issues. Many of the major Joomla plugin companies use ionCube for their scripts, e.g. iJoomla to name just one, and you might want to see how others are addressing this.
carsten888

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if users can manage to get WAMP on their machine in the first place and install PHP applications, then it shouldn't be beyond them.

yeah, maybe. althou the selfinstalling wamp-server makes it sooo easy these days many (Joomla) developers don't have a clue what php.ini is.
(added to to-do-list: I will have to make a realy good manual.) Very Happy

Quote:
iJoomla to name just one, and you might want to see how others are addressing this

thanks for the suggestion.
I had a look in their forum, searched for ioncube and read the stories of users angry with ioncube
http://www.ijoomla.com/option,com_smf/Itemid,6000/topic,622.0/
Confused

I hope my clients will have less problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: