ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder

scripts using COM do not work

Thierry D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: scripts using COM do not work Reply with quote

Hello,

I am using a registered version of the encoder, and experience problems with COM objects.

I want to encrypt scripts that use a COM object.
I have 2 mirror directories on a website. One is using the encrypted scripts, the second one is using the clear scripts (unmodified).

With the encrypted scripts, my search ends with no result. When i replace the "encrypted" search script by the "not encrypted" search script, i get results.
Same thing when i try to display a result (get there with the "clear" search script) : if the script is encrypted, i can't see the document, which is called via the COM object. If the script is clear, i can see it.

Can you help me get through this ? Does the encoder/loader support COM objects ?

Thanks.

Thierry D.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes, the Loader effectively supports everything PHP as it operates at a low level inside the core of PHP, and is independent of any modules etc. You may have a configuration problem, or be using an old Loader. In particular, if using PHP 4.3.10 or greater then make sure that you have the latest Loaders because backporting of code by the PHP Group last year from PHP 5.1 into 4.3.10 caused problems for extensions such as the Loader and Zend's optimiser. We released new Loaders last year to deal with the issues.

If you still get problems after switching to the latest Loaders then please let us know via the support helpdesk, and include a link to the Loader helper script, so that we can advise.
jon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: scripts using COM do not work Reply with quote

Thierry D. wrote:
Hello,
Does the encoder/loader support COM objects ?

Just to follow up on this, in case anyone else encounters similar problems.
If one uses the syntax

$obj = new COM("my.com.class");
$obj->v = "value";

then behind the scenes PHP 5 is using the __set and __get user defined methods. These methods did not exist in PHP 4. Hence PHP 5 language features are being used, even though the script looks like it is valid PHP 4.

Indeed the script is valid both in PHP 4 and PHP 5, but the behaviour is different depending on whether you run it with PHP 4 or PHP 5!

The upshot is that it is important to encode a script which uses the PHP 5 COM extension with the PHP 5 Encoder.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: