ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatibility and Loader

Andrea

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Compatibility and Loader Reply with quote

Hi,
I have WinXp Pro with PHP 5.0.4, and the Loader works good with the line
"zend_extension_ts=ioncube_loader_win_5.0.dll" added.

But if i try without that for testing, and using the run-time loader, it doesn't work.

"The file D:\www\index.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ioncube_loader_win_5.0.dll ionCube PHP Loader to be installed."

I downloaded the demo and checked "Bundle Loader for Windows" when i encoded the files.It actually creates the "ioncube' folder, but still wont work.

Some questions:
1-What would happen if a customer of mine without access to php.ini or not being "PHP ready" (and there are a lot ov'em who dont understand 'CGI, FastCGI or CLI interface' or 'threaded web servers'), have the same problem?Im asking that because i thought that simply putting the "Bundle Loader for Windows and Linux" was enough for the script to work in any case.

2-Why by having 5.0.4, only "ioncube_loaders_5.0_pre_5.0.3.zip" works?(meaning it delivers an analisys).

php.ini instructions:

run-time analisys:

In all cases the run-time loader doesnt work.

3- How can i encode files on the fly with, for example, the "Restricted IP address" or "Domain Name" and mail to them?
Example:
Form with text field: enter your domain name "www.domain.com".
next:how can i encode the file(s) with the restricted "www.domain.com", and mail to the customer (after completed payment), "on the fly"?
Any php example (on Unix server), just to have some directions?
Or i have to encode them manually and then mail to the customer?

4-Is there a way for the Loader to surely work in every case without touching the php.ini file?
If not, what are the requirements for those who dont have access to the php.ini file or not "PHP ready"?(so i can display them on my site).

Thanks
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Runtime install of the Loaders is a great feature, but not all configurations can support it. On Windows, as well as only being possible with CGI mode (which most Windows servers do use as the Windows PHP Apache module is historically unreliable), the extension folder must be on the same drive as the users scripts. dl() requires being passed a path relative to the extensions folder, and with Windows it is not possible to construct a relative path that spans logical drives. This could be the problem in your case when trying RTL.

Quote:
1-What would happen if a customer of mine without access to php.ini or not being "PHP ready" (and there are a lot ov'em who dont understand 'CGI, FastCGI or CLI interface' or 'threaded web servers'), have the same problem?Im asking that because i thought that simply putting the "Bundle Loader for Windows and Linux" was enough for the script to work in any case.

They would need to have the Loader added to the php.ini file. ionCube is recognised and well regarded amongst server owners, and most hosts would be happy to assist their customer by adding support if required. Often though, and even on Windows, the RTL mechanism does work, and is a great advantage over systems that must have something added to the php.ini file.

Quote:
Why by having 5.0.4, only "ioncube_loaders_5.0_pre_5.0.3.zip" works?(meaning it delivers an analisys).

There may be a confusion, but you need to have the main 5.0 Loaders, not the pre 5.0.3 ones, although if installing with zend_extension_ts then this may not matter. This is because the early releases of PHP5 had some module related features that were not correctly updated, and this fault was only fixed in 5.0.3.

Quote:
How can i encode files on the fly with, for example, the "Restricted IP address" or "Domain Name" and mail to them?

Many users would drive the Encoder from PHP or in shell scripts. The Unix Encoders are the popular choice here as generally the on-the-fly encoding is performed on the web server, and most web servers would be running Unix. In essence, you need just to construct the Encoder command line that will encode your project, and make the server restrictions variables.

e.g. something like

system("encode /path/to/source --into /path/to/target --allowed-server $domains@$ip_addr");

Of course your command line will be different, but this is the general principle.

There are some great systems that already do this for you, and we recommend www.phpaudit.com and www.olate.co.uk/products/iono/

Our upcoming next release also offers native license file support, and this will be a great alternative to encoding files with the restrictions, and giving some exciting features for implementing product licensing.

Quote:
Is there a way for the Loader to surely work in every case without touching the php.ini file?

No. Our mechanism maximises the chance that files can run without php.ini edits, but if, for example, a server configuration has disabled the dl() function then runtime install of the Loader will not be possible as dl() is the only way to install a module dynamically. Primarily, the dl() function needs to be available, and so that a valid path can be provided to the dl() function, the extension directory needs to exist.
Andrea

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nick, that was what i wanted to know.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: