ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ionCube PHP encoder on MacOS X?

Philipp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: ionCube PHP encoder on MacOS X? Reply with quote

Hello Nick,

I have a few questions:

1.) Is a native MacOS X (PowerPC) port planned for ionCube PHP encoder?
2.) Is the Windows version of ionCube PHP encoder working under VirtualPC for Mac? I ask because with VirtualPC are all components (including the network interface) emulated.
3.) It is possible to transfer the license later to another machine?
4.) Are upgrades between two products available? For example, Entry Level to Cerberus.

Thanks,
Philipp
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Philipp

Quote:

We may target OS X for the Encoder but it will be for Intel OS X not PPC. We have hardware for both PPC and Intel Mac's, but we will probably not target the PPC platform.

Quote:
2.) Is the Windows version of ionCube PHP encoder working under VirtualPC for Mac? I ask because with VirtualPC are all components (including the network interface) emulated.

We do have customers using our products on OS X with emulators.

Quote:

Yes, there is a built in feature for revoking a license prior to transfer to a different computer.

Quote:
4.) Are upgrades between two products available? For example, Entry Level to Cerberus.

Yes.
mpike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: ionCube PHP encoder on MacOS X? Reply with quote

Philipp wrote:
Hello Nick,

I have a few questions:

Thanks,
Philipp

We used VPC, and have moved to Parallels.... had no issues. We might have even been ionCube's first intel Mac customer, and we've had no problems.

Let me go on record saying how great ionCube support is... we were in a bind because we had been using the ZendEncoder... Zend refused to support Intel macs on the encoder or the decoder.

Not only did ionCube purchase an Intel mac immediately, they compiled is a special pre-release version just so our intel mac customers would not be left out in the cold...

ionCube is excellent under OS X and Windows.

mike
Philipp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. I already bought ionCube PHP Encoder and Package Foundry Smile. Both are running fine under VirtualPC so far.

My original concern was that VirtualPC is changing the MAC address and may cause a conflict with ionCube's licensing system. However, after a little research I figured out that VirtualPC is only changing the MAC address if you start a new virtual image. Existing virtual drive images will keep their assigned MAC address.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An OS X command line version is now available for Intel Macs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: