ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install 5.0 Ioncube...

Dark_Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Install 5.0 Ioncube... Reply with quote

I am trying to install and it keeps timing out. So what now? It also appears www.ioncube.com is down as well...something to do with it? It appears you are using the IPF for the new Ioncube installation....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ckh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they lost their site for some reason or another, I'm getting the default apache page. I'm sure they'll get it back up as soon as they can, they are probably working on it right now.

At least the forum is ok..
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Pipex/HostEurope Power Outage last night Reply with quote

Hi

We're sorry about this. It was a problem yet again with the Pipex/HostEurope London DataCentre. A year or so ago, the DC lost power for some time, and we were assured that the infrastructure was updated to guarantee that the most basic of services, power, would never be lost again. Evidently this was a false promise, and for whatever reason, the infrastructure again lost power. Although restored, this had a knock on effect. There have previously been other exremely serious incidents with this hosting company.

In making best efforts to ensure that ionCube is able to cope and sustain no long term ill effects no matter what hosting providers throw at us in terms of problems, we maintain dedicated primary and hot standby servers in the UK in different geographical locations, and also use a provider in the US so that we have capability there. Several parts of the ionCube infrastructure run from the US, including the forum. Real time data replication ensure that the impact of permanent server failures are minimised. To make best efforts at never losing an email, we run multiple mail exchangers, with the non-primary exchangers configured to operate with a large store and forward capability. In the event that the primary mail server is down, then provided that at least one of the mail exchangers is functional, mail will be received, and delivered to the primary when possible. In the event the primary would sustain a permanent failure, then mail could be retrieved from the other mail servers in the mean time.

With the recent announcement of the forthcoming closure (and relocation) of one of the Pipex/HostEurope data centres, we have already made the decision that we intend to ensure that any future problems with Pipex/HostEurope will not impact the ionCube infrastructure in any way, with the validity of this decision being confirmed by last nights incident.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As a postscript to the above and just to comment on the Encoder installer. We're actually not using IPF for the installs, but in choosing a wizard style for the installer, we did design the IPF installer driver very conciously to be as familiar as possible to end users.

The install issue was probably when installing additional Loaders, as these are currently retrieved from the server that was affected during the power outage. We use InnoSetup for the product installers, with an outer wrapper provided by the ionCube Bundler so that the installer is provided as a single file. Unfortunately, the file downloader component of InnoSetup can download only from one source, and not try multiple sites.
Dark_Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch...I understand your frustration and I'm glad it's back up now. If you need another server in the US let me know as I am a hosting provider as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: