ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runtime loading when IonCUBE is already Installed in ini

salman

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Runtime loading when IonCUBE is already Installed in ini Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a problem. I am trying to run my ioncube files encoded with ioncube 6.5 on a shared server. The server has ioncube loader 3.0.10 already installed BUT my 6.5 files wont run on it as it is too old. I asked hosting to upgrade the loader but they denied ( I am on shared ) and said that I just need to do run time loading. I have uploaded latest loader in the ioncube folder BUT my encoded files still give error that they cannot be decoded by this version of the loader. It seems as if it is always looking into the .ini loader.

What can i do? Please help.

Thanks
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not technically feasible to override an already installed shared library because there would then be two copies of essentially the same code in the process address space, resulting in symbol clashes that prevent linking in the first place, and other problems even if linking were possible.

So just as the host should keep up to date with PHP when critical bug fixes are made or security holes found, and also Zend optimiser if they use that tp run more recently encoded Zend files, they must keep fairly up to date with the Loaders. Generally for our solution it's not essential to update, but with the latest Encoder it was due to new innovations that we added.

The only exception is if they happen to use pure CGI as you could then override their central php.ini file with a local one of your own chosing, but most Unix hosts wouldn't use pure CGI so it's unlikely that they are doing this.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, while you're about it you might take a look at what PHP version they use, because if they are averse to updating their system then they may be offering you an old version of PHP. However they installed the 3.0 Loaders, so are clearly not totally against updating their systems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: