ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro Encoder - Automated Encoding

quasiman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Pro Encoder - Automated Encoding Reply with quote

If I purchase the pro encoder for my Windows machine at home, is there a way to also use it on my hosted Linux server? If so, what rights do I need on the server to do it? I don't have ssh access, just FTP and CPanel right now...

I'd like to be able to sell my program on my website, and limit its usage per my clients IP addresses. So when they make a purchase through my shopping system, the program is automatically associated in their download to the IP address. Has this been done yet? I'd hate to reinvent the wheel Wink
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Good questions. This can be done by other products, for example the iono system from http://www.olate.com. Also take a look at http://www.phpaudit.com Both of these companies offer excellent licensing and product deployment type systems, and we've partnered with them to integrate the Encoder into their technology, and also to offer discount prices on purchases of their system when combined with an Encoder.

If you're rolling your own solution, you would obviously need the Linux Encoder as your server is Linux based. It's probably easier if you had shell access, but provided that your account lets you execute programs from PHP, e.g. with passthru(), system(), exec(), backticks etc., then you could code this yourself. To test your account, why not upload either the Encoder, or a program such as 'ls' from a Linux machine, and see whether you can trigger it from PHP. If you can then potentially you'd be OK either to develop your own solution, or to use iono or PHPAudit.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have more queries on this type of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: