ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback

PHP 8 Support?

thomasde

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

liaison wrote:
There are other improvements in version 11 as well, so it really depends on your circumstances, and of course whether or not your codebase uses any PHP 7.3 or 7.4 features. Check the release notes for full details, try the eval if you want to test anything in 11, and then you can decide if it suits you or not.

You guys are really pulling this off, aren't you?

We have been waiting for PHP8 support for months!! You wrote "Wait for version 11. It can't be much longer." And now this? Seriously?
eugenio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

thomasde wrote:
liaison wrote:
There are other improvements in version 11 as well, so it really depends on your circumstances, and of course whether or not your codebase uses any PHP 7.3 or 7.4 features. Check the release notes for full details, try the eval if you want to test anything in 11, and then you can decide if it suits you or not.

You guys are really pulling this off, aren't you?

We have been waiting for PHP8 support for months!! You wrote "Wait for version 11. It can't be much longer." And now this? Seriously?

Exactly. And the fact that two of the threads related to php8 have been "locked" preventing further replies is not the way the community should be treated.

How is it be possible that you can't give an (even very approximate) release date?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

eugenio wrote:
Exactly. And the fact that two of the threads related to php8 have been "locked" preventing further replies is not the way the community should be treated.

How is it be possible that you can't give an (even very approximate) release date?

The locked topics have run their course, multiple threads on the same topic across multiple forum sections is not constructive.

For timeframes on PHP 8.1 support, we would currently not expect it to be within the next 2 months, within the next 6 months is possible, and we would expect it within the next 12 months. These estimates will of course change over time.

We won't update this topic further, and details of future releases will be made in the usual channels and with an announcement in the forum at the appropriate time.
thomasde

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

liaison wrote:

For timeframes on PHP 8.1 support, we would currently not expect it to be within the next 2 months, within the next 6 months is possible, and we would expect it within the next 12 months. These estimates will of course change over time.

In other words, you don't know. You guys don't have any release plan!
You've been stalling us for months and now you want to do it again!!

As a reminder, we only want to use our files encrypted with ioncube in PHP 8.0 or 8.1. That's all this is about for now. Not with explicit PHP8 functions, just executable.
It is a tragedy!
eugenio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

thomasde wrote:

As a reminder, we only want to use our files encrypted with ioncube in PHP 8.0 or 8.1. That's all this is about for now. Not with explicit PHP8 functions, just executable.
It is a tragedy!

Same here, not with explicit PHP8 functions, just executable.

Considering that PHP 8 was released more than one year ago, it means you'll take two years to provide support for execution. It's a really long time that I guess many of your customers cannot wait.
nobilesoft

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

liaison wrote:
eugenio wrote:

The locked topics have run their course, multiple threads on the same topic across multiple forum sections is not constructive.

We won't update this topic further, and details of future releases will be made in the usual channels and with an announcement in the forum at the appropriate time.

Not before: 2 February 2022
Maybe: 2 June 2022
For sure: 2 December 2022
PHP 7.4 Security support until 28 November 2022

Looks like 24 July 2022 is the most tentative date. 8 Months forced to use a no actively developed PHP version, 7.4

It sounds terrible that could be even after 28 November 2021.
staley67

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For developers, I'm curious as to what is stopping you from using a different encoder?

There are other PHP encoders out there that support PHP 8.0 and have for some time.

I don't really develop and distribute any code, so I'm not looking at this from the encoder point of view. But I do have customers that rely on software that is encoded with Ioncube and I would like to be able to move customers to PHP 8.0 to take advantage of a slightly longer PHP lifetime. But in order to do that, the software would have to be re-encoded with an Ioncube for PHP 8.0 and we would have to use PHP 8.0 Ioncube loaders - but neither exist.

If I were a PHP developer that distributes out code - wouldn't an alternative PHP encoder that supports PHP 8.0 be enticing? Or is there something specific for Ioncube that makes it a better encoder than other PHP encoders?
nobilesoft

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

staley67 wrote:
For developers, I'm curious as to what is stopping you from using a different encoder?

There are other PHP encoders out there that support PHP 8.0 and have for some time.

I don't really develop and distribute any code, so I'm not looking at this from the encoder point of view. But I do have customers that rely on software that is encoded with Ioncube and I would like to be able to move customers to PHP 8.0 to take advantage of a slightly longer PHP lifetime. But in order to do that, the software would have to be re-encoded with an Ioncube for PHP 8.0 and we would have to use PHP 8.0 Ioncube loaders - but neither exist.

If I were a PHP developer that distributes out code - wouldn't an alternative PHP encoder that supports PHP 8.0 be enticing? Or is there something specific for Ioncube that makes it a better encoder than other PHP encoders?

For example, in CloudLinux alt-php / cPanel ea-alt-php extensions the only available are ioncube and sourceguardian, there are less cracked private codes from ioncube, personal investigation.

WHMCS has more than one year their code ready for PHP 8, but is totally blocked by ioncube loader. And yet, they still using Ioncube.
iCOM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

liaison wrote:

Hello liaison, can you please just add, if this is the expected timeframe for the encoder, or for the loader?

Thank you!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

iCOM wrote:
liaison wrote:

Hello liaison, can you please just add, if this is the expected timeframe for the encoder, or for the loader?

The release dates are currently expected to be around the same time.
I

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember PHP 8 now use a new compiler and in this version has started to use JIT.

Maybe that force more time (and thousands of "new tests") for develop a "VERY SECURE" compiler from IonCube and avoid reverse engineer over the files encoded.

. . .

in this DECEMBER 2021 is possible get IONCUBE 11 and after upgrade by free to version with support PHP 8 ?

if yes,
please sell me one license just now!
Althost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

liaison wrote:

WOW, just WOW! I am a software developer in my day job, and this has to be the worst product manager fiasco I have ever seen. This would be like me delivering my software for Windows Server 2012 R2. It’s out of support and only getting critical security fixes (not even new TLS ciphers, even though all of its RSA ciphers are weak).

The worst part is you guys pulled this same stunt with PHP 7. Did you not learn from the frustration back then, that you need to be planning for and ready to release shortly after a new version is released?

As another comparison to my work, we also have to support MacOS. The new Apple Silicon and MacOS 11 did require a MAJOR rewrite of our Mac based software. We discovered this early on with the Apple Developer test hardware. Our development was further delayed by supply chain issues after Apple released the new Mac Mini, but had required us to return the pre-release test hardware. We let our customers know why we didn’t have a MacOS 11 version early on, when we realized the supply chain issues were going to impact our development and build system changes. We finally released the MacOS 11 compatible version this month, but we also made damn sure the release ALSO supported MacOS 12.

Not only are we not getting any transparency on the delays, but even further, when you did finally release version 11, it was for an out of support platform. It wasn’t even for 7.4 AND 8.x!

The only reason I use Ioncube at all, is WHMCS requires it. Their own software is now warning all admins that PHP 7.4 is out of support, and to upgrade to a supported version of PHP, which we can’t. I imagine Ioncube is going to see a mass exodus as a result of this fiasco. You really, really should have learned from the 7.x mess that delays like this are no longer acceptable in this day and age, and people are not going to run out of support software just to use your tool. Simply put, proper security and patching guidelines prohibit running unsupported software, even if is still getting security updates, and anyone who needs to pass PCI/DSS compliance will not be able to use your version 11 AT ALL!!!
staley67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 July 2022 release date for V12 with support for PHP 8 Reply with quote

[quote="Althost"]
liaison wrote:
The worst part is you guys pulled this same stunt with PHP 7. Did you not learn from the frustration back then, that you need to be planning for and ready to release shortly after a new version is released?

The only way they'll learn is if people stop using their product.

WHMCS and other projects that rely on PHP encoding need to look at alternative encoders. Maybe the other encoders aren't as "good" as Ioncube, but it would seem that their developers are at least competent.

Like you say, I don't understand how Ioncube is the only encoder that is utterly and absolutely SHOCKED when a new version of PHP is released.
nfk3hsdfhg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: We need PHP 8.1 support Reply with quote

We bought the new version only a month ago, assuming that PHP 8 or even PHP 8.1 would also be supported.

Some of our customers have security concepts that require the software they use to be provided with security updates for at least another year.

For this reason, we unfortunately have only two options: an update for IonCube, or we have to switch to an alternative in a few weeks.

Since we can't even give a concrete date, our only option is to switch to another alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: