ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unix says a Loader is not found when I know that it's there

mjt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Unix says a Loader is not found when I know that it's there Reply with quote

I cannot get the loaders to work in any way shape or form. I have tried the runtime and get:
Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './/../../../../../home/xxx/public_html/new/signup/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so' - .//../../../../../home/xxx/public_html/new/signup/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/new/signup/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 407

If I insert the zend_extension line into php.ini, I get:

The file /home/xxx/_includes/snp_easyauthnet.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so ionCube PHP Loader to be installed.

And yes, I know the file is where it supposed to be for the runtime, I moved it around several times and the error changes to the directory where the .so file is located each time.

And yes, I stopped and started Apache, after I changed the php.ini.

I am fighting a Monday deadline and have now lost around 8 hours trying to make this work. Can anyone be of help?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Unix says that a shared library is not found when it is, it's saying that the library is the wrong processor type. A common error is to use x86 Loaders instead of x86_64, or x86_64 instead of x86, dependng on whether the target machnie has a 32 or 64 bit processor. A message such as "ELF file not little endian" is similar, and would mean that not only was the shared library for the wrong processor, but the byte ordering in the file was wrong. On an x86/x86_64 machine, which is little endian, this would indicate that a Loader for a processor such as sparc or ppc was used by mistake.

You can check processor type by looking at the first line of phpinfo output, and with Intel machines, the key identifier is x86_64 to show a 64 bit machine, with the machine otherwise being 32 bit.

This is easily resolved by simply using the correct Loaders, and we can advise about this if a helpdesk ticket is created with a link to the Loader helper script.
mjt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: That did it Thank You! Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the quick and informative reply. I had thought that I had downloaded the x64 libs, but I swallowed my pride and redownloaded them and the loader utilities are recognizing the installation now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: