ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading ioncube loader...and site becomes x3 as slow

bead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Loading ioncube loader...and site becomes x3 as slow Reply with quote

Hi there, hope you can help!

I've got a product that requires ioncube loader. After activating the loader, my site becomes roughly three times as slow. This is still without having the the script installed that requires ioncube loader!

Some details:
- php 5.2.10
- Hosting provider Strato (installation through PHP.INI, same as with GoDaddy).
- the test scripts say the loader is able to decrypt/load fine..
- using loader "ioncube_loader_sun_5.2.so"

What I should be seeing is hardly any slowdown or rather a speed increase correct?

Thanks for your reply!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound surprising. Is PHP installed as CGI, so started fresh on each request, or an apache module? And have you tried your files on the machine without the Loader installed?
bead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your quick reply. It seems it is installed as CGI, here are some more details:

PHP Version: 5.2.10 (cgi-fcgi)
Operating System: SunOS
safe_mode: Disabled
enable_dl: Enabled
PHP as CGI: Yes
Thread safety: No

I only have plain PHP files on my web server at the moment. When I add the "php.ini" to the root of my web folder, the non-encrypted files also become slow.

Contents of my php.in file:

safe_mode = Off
zend_extension = /home/strato/www/fr/www.XXX.XX/htdocs/XXX/ioncube/ioncube_loader_sun_5.2.so

By the way, would it load or use the ioncube loader on all non-encrypted files too when I load the ioncube loader through php.ini?

I could mail you the real urls in private if it could help to resolve it.

Kind regards,

Frank.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend switching to PHP loaded as a module rather than CGI and trying that. All extensions are install and de-installed on each request with CGI, and while fast CGI should keep a pool of processes ready to go, that may still be an issue. The Loader has to check each file processed in order to know whether or not it may be encoded and need further processing, however that only involves reading the first few bytes of each file, which has generally already been opened, so the overhead is minimal. The Loader also needs to determine the system MAC addresses when it first starts up, which on Solaris needs some magic as you cannot normally do that except as root, which the web server wouldn't be running as. There could be delays there, but I'd not expect anything major. And of course, the Loader also has to be linked by the operating system. You should of course make sure that the Loader is on a local file system and not a remote mount.

Once you've taken steps to eliminate overheads under your control, any impact will be primarily be down to the operating system as the Loader is doing almost nothing for the non-encoded case, and performance tests on other operating systems put overhead in the order of milliseconds.
bead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your recommendation and providing some more insight Nick . I assume "php loaded" means that the loader is put in the "global php.ini" file?

As I am with a shared hosting service, my provider only lets me put a php.ini file in my own folder, so I have no control over the global php.ini file. They also load "zend" extension and I do not have control over the order either apparantly. The provider is not willing to do much at all, like talking to a wall really.

Would you have any tips on what else I can do except for to switch provider? Crying or Very sad
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would recommend a change as it's a shared host. WHT is a good place to search for hosts with Loader support as standard, and using Linux boxes rather than Solaris.
IC2008

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Loader also needs to determine the system MAC addresses when it first starts up, which on Solaris needs some magic as you cannot normally do that except as root, which the web server wouldn't be running as. There could be delays there, but I'd not expect anything major.

We have the same problem. We have been able to identify that the problem comes from the ioncube library,
because if we only disable the extension in the PHP configuration, the problem disappears.

Moreover, we have identified that the problem occurs when a device is connected by USB on the same machine.
This device emulates an ethernet connection (IP over USB as "ethernet RNDIS").
It is the presence of this network device that causes the dysfunction of the ioncube library.

I think that the ioncube MAC address detection process is not consistent in this case.
alastair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please create a ticket about this in our Support Help Desk at https://support.ioncube.com

Please attach to the ticket the output from a phpinfo() script running on the affected server, Please attach that as a single HTML file.

Please also state explicitly what is happening with regard to the problem you are experiencing. That is, explain the exact circumstances in which the problem occurs and give some actual measurements with regard to performance. Please also confirm in the ticket that the problem only occurs with that particular "ethernet RNDIS" connection.

ionCube
Ava111-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound surprising. Is PHP installed as CGI, so started fresh on each request, or an apache module? And have you tried your files on the machine without the Loader installed?
IC2008

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ava111- wrote:

Hi,

PHP is installed as CGI.
As I say, in my case, when I just comment the ioncube loader line (zend_extension = "ioncube_loader_win.dll") in php.ini, the problem disappears.

Greetings, JL.
alastair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As I mentioned in my previous reply last October, please create a ticket about this at https://support.ioncube.com

Please attach to the ticket the output from a phpinfo() script running on the affected server, Please attach that as a single HTML file.

Please also state explicitly what is happening with regard to the problem you are experiencing. That is, explain the exact circumstances in which the problem occurs and give some actual measurements with regard to performance.

ionCube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: